Old 12-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Thanks for your imput. I can purchase a 4 prong 30 amp 10/4 extension 50' long made for generators. I would need the adapter from 4 prong female 30 amp to male 4 prong 50 amp for my trailer. I found the adapter on line from Cordtec. I just want to be sure I will get the full power. I priced out making the extension with the ends. The cost is lower using this 1 adapter.
Thanks again...
you should get full power that way.

campingworld also carrys the adaptor but they don't give any info abt wire size. if u go to them, i would varify that they are using the correct number of wires and wire size. it should be if it expected to carry 30 amp 220.
i stopped at a campingworld last week and that store didn't carry it. (east of birmingham, al on I-20).

Old 12-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #32

one other thing. the person, at campingword, said that he had run across gen locking connectors that had the lock pen turned the other way. compair what u have on the gen and what ur going to buy and make sure that 90 deg bend on the spade goes the same way. he said he has seen some that turn in and some that turn out. i didn't know that they made but one kind on the gen but u may want to take a look.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #33

Thanks Jimh,

I finally found the items I need from Cordtec.com. They have a 50' 30 amp 10/4 generator extension with the L-14-30 ends part #20602 for $149.99 and the adapter L-14-30 to 50 amp SS2-50R part# L1430SS250 for $79.99 plus $19.95 shipping. They also told me they would make me a custom generator extension with the L-14-30 male and the SS2-50R 50' extension 10/4 for $199.99 includes shipping.

So now I'm trying to decide which way to go. My original post I was looking to have less adapters. Currently I have 3 adapters plus 25' 30 amp cord and my 50 amp cord to make it all work. If I get the 1 piece cord that's all I can use it for. I think I'll have more use with the 1 adapter and the extension. Your thoughts?

And again thank you all for your input and advise.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #34

it would be a tough choice for me as well. i believe i would go with the streight gen extension and get the adapter for the trailer. i like the idea of the versitility as well.