Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #1

Georgetown 374ts, Camera issues

We our on our first trip, pulled into Orlando around 1 today. On the way down I noticed an issue with the cameras. With the lights off everything works fine. When you turn the signals on, left or right the cameras-monitor follow, then return to rear view. But, with the marker lights or head lights on........it does nothing on left. On right it flashes through all the cameras then ends or returns to left.

Anyone had a similar problem? Know the Cause? I'm thingking low voltage since it only happens with the marker or headlights on?
GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Anacortesians

I'd be looking for a poor ground in the marker/headlight wiring first, then maybe a fault in the DRL circuit (if your rig has DRLs).
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #3

Had the exact same problem when I first got my 2000 Georgetown 374. The dealer replaced the left camera twice untill they finally found a short in the left front headlight. Been working fine ever since.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Side camera issues

I can't duplicate the situation on our rig........it's at the dealer for warranty work until the end of the month, BUT, I believe I saw the same thing when I last drove our MH. As I recall, the side and rear cameras did everything they were supposed to do until I turned on the headlights. I don't believe EITHER side worked for me with headlights "ON".

Two things.........

1. Up here in Canada, we've had Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) as standard equipment on our vehicles since the late 80's. This does not apply to trucks or buses, but certainly does for our cars and SUV's. The U.S. model equivalents do NOT have DRL's as best as I've seen. When I was researching the fuse and wiring schematics for the Ford powered Georgetowns, I saw mention of DRL circuitry, but never witnessed them actually running. In order to get ANY headlights, you must turn the dashboard switch "ON"....as I believe we ALL must do. True DRL's in Canada illuminate the headlights ONLY.........no marker or tailights anywhere else. This can be a real pain as people drive into the evening and eventual darkness believing they have their full lighting system "ON", when the rear of their vehicles are completely dark. They may see their headlights illuminating signs or other vehicles, but they offer no rear lighting for others. DUMB DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!

2. All of the Georgetown models I've seen here in Canada seem to be built to meet U.S. regulations as opposed to Canadian ones. (Our speedometers are predominantly in MPH versus Kilometres.....our cars are always the opposite) This has been explained as being so, because Canadian market share for the number of units sold is only a small percentage compared to the U.S. which doesn't really come as a surprise when you compare the population differences. Although there may be DRL circuitry references in the Ford Manual, I really don't think the builders modify ours from yours, so I doubt there's any DRL circuitry causing this problem.

I'll re-check our camera operation in a few weeks when I get our unit back, and let you know what I find.

In the meantime........can anyone else who can get their hands on one check their operation?????????

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #5

Can't help with the camera issue, we don't have side cameras, but I can confirm our 2007 Georgetown 340 has Daytime Running Lights. they are always on when the engine is running. F53 22,000 chassis.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies. So far I've checked every ground and wire leading from every light I can get to. At this point....I'm going have to wait until I get home to get under the dash and a few places I'd rather not go while set up and on vacation.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #7

Yes I do have DRL's. No issue with the cameras while they are on, just marker and headlights. We made it home last night. If it the swamp ever dries up and the rain stops I'll be able to do a more thorough inspection. Maybe jump some grounds and do some tests?