Old 08-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Has anyone had experience with the Good Sam Extended Service Plan? If so, do you think it is worth considering? What are your thoughts?

kenjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
I have the GooD Sam extended warranty on our 2011 378XL. After all these years of paying for the plan versus the one claim we have had, I really think if I had kept the warranty annual cost in the bank I could have paid full price for the claim and still have had several thousand left in the bank. I personally won't do it again or renew the plan. I do use their Emergency Breakdown plan and feel it is worth the price, otherwise nothing else.

JimF, CWO, US Army Ret, 100% DAV
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2008 Dodge Caliber Toad
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
I almost signed up for up for it until I realized that the roof and sides and floor and virtually all Forest River built portions of the coach were not covered. Basically you are paying for insurance on the major components built by others who already supply at least a year of coverage of their own free warranty. So far after two years .... I have no expenses and no regrets.
BTW.... I could not find ANY warranty that would cover the coach itself. I really feel bad for people who have a major structural failure AND bought a warranty.
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #4
Thanks for your replies. I think I will hold off on purchasing the extended service plan.
kenjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:36 AM   #5
I agree, take the $$ you'd pay for the Coverage, put it in a sock and and pay cash for any repairs during this "covered period". My strong belief is you'll still have $$ in the sock at the end of the warranty period.
Days camping (2015)----88 days
Days camping (2016) ---110 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
Check out Wholesale Warranties. I got 7 yrs for half of GS price and just had my roof A/C replaced and I still have 5 and a half yrs to go, and I got a 3rd of my money back already. If the price is right it's just some piece of mind.
poppytoymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
Another negative for the Good Sam extended warranty is the fact that they don't have to use new parts. Their warranty says that they can use reconditioned parts . We called and confirmed this. After the 2 year Forset River warranty, I will probably go with Coach Net, or nobody. Probably no one. Most stuff will break the first 2 years anyway.
ronp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #8
Good Sam Extended Service Plan

GS reimbursed me for tire recently on my extended warranty, no issues. Extended warranties are for peace of mind. How must they are worth is up to you. Also, the best extended warranty is one you do not need to exercise. Every year you pay without a problem we feel a little cheated. So, only you can decide.
I got GS warranty for 4 years and pay by the year, helps the pill go down a little easier. Have never had a claim and glad of it. Probably will not renew.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:14 AM   #9
We just purchased the good Sam warranty. DH and I are not handy at repairs. Our dealership said they preferred working with Good Sam although they sale a different warranty program. I like the peace of mind. Like buying any other insurance you hope you don't need.
2015 Windjammer 3029 Diamond Edition
2011 Ram 5.7 hemi
Ohio River Rat
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #10
As noted above the extended warranty/service contract, (insurance) does not cover your frame, roof or delamination. I have not found one that did cover those items and they are the items that I would want coverage on. I can pay for a new AC but wouldn't want to pay for major delamination. Good Luck

whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

good sam, service