Old 02-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #11

Leak .........

Could the previous owner have had a dog water bowl or something sitting there, that leaked and ran back under the cabinet?

Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #12

Was the floor wet? If not the leak could have been fixed but not the damage.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #13
Site Team

Refer drain is a black ribbed plastic tube about 1/2" in dia. It should come pout through one of the vents to drain outside. Also make sure it was not from a outside shower leak that may not exist now.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Was the floor wet? If not the leak could have been fixed but not the damage.
The floor was not, nor has ever been wet since we have owned it (one year).
My wife questioned whether it would be possible for the leak to have occured prior to our buying it, but the moisture remained in the floor since then?
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #15

Agree that the refer drain may be the issue, it is a 1/2" flex tube black in color that is supposed to stick out the grill between the ribs in the cover and drain outside. Additionally, our brand new FR Flagstaff leaked after a Florida deluge like a sieve through the frame of the refer panel as it had been installed with some non 3M, cheaper 2 side sticky tape which didn't stick to the wall of the trailer at all and barely stuck to the the grill frame. I pulled the frame entirely out which took about 2 minutes as it is only positioned in place by some clamps (they don't do much of a job of clamping) and used GE Silicone 2 clear to do the perimeter of the frame and then clamp it back in place followed by removing the excess that oozed out and then smoothing the perimeter smooth. No more water in the pots and pans and bottom of the cupboard under the fridge and under the adjacent stove. I suggest you check this. On our 2005 Rockwood we had a leak from the bath power roof vent because of hairline cracks to the exterior plastic frame of the vent, one on each of the 4 sides which I sealed and then everything dried up. Good luck. Note that water doesn't drain up so unless there is a breach in the underbelly and you've been driving on a lot of wet roads then the leak is from above but may as mentioned run down to a drip point near the largest damage area. See what is above that and follow whatever trail there might be back to the source.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #16

all the above plus: the refer side vent are seldom sealed with a dam on the inside lip to prevent water from intrusion onto the shelf. Large amounts can flow here. Vinyl is no longer glued to the floor, permitting water to flow long distances and do major damage. Please post pic of refer shelf area. Water most likely from shelf to floor and entered between vinyl and wood substrate at fender well cutout at floor or possibly at fender well area too. Condensate tube a possible culprit too...
Old 03-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #17

Had another thought - is there a leak at the shower drain or possibly leakage around the shower tap or from the shower tap plumbing behind? This may can run out along the subfloor.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #18

Thanks for all the tips. I'll be looking at it again today. Will update later.
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Water leak

Have you looked at all the screws that hold the trim on above the wheels. I had a leak when our unit was pulled in the rain only. The tires were slinging the water up into the wheel well,water being transferred to the floor inside. The Factory repaired the leak at last years rally. How about a drain from the kitchen sink or the kitchen faucet. I also had a leak in the kitchen sink drain after 2 years, these should be checked often. Also the plastic tub/shower drain is known to leak where it is attached to the tub/shower pan.

The punch hole looks like someone punched the hole to let water drain!!!!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz5w63 View Post
Had another thought - is there a leak at the shower drain or possibly leakage around the shower tap or from the shower tap plumbing behind? This may can run out along the subfloor.
Exactly, anyplace where vinyl may be cut and allow water to flow between vinyl and floor. fresh water fill through floor to tank below, shower drain with access through floor,ect...manufacturers use to use "full spread" glue under the vinyl virtually eliminating this problem. One could see water on the floor instead of its migration under the vinyl. Ive tried contacting manufacturers, consumer advocates, insurance groups to no avail. Ive seen new coaches totaled in 8 monthes and never a drop of water visible. Avoid "lite" coaches with foam core floors ect....just makes the problem worse...

Tags
water, leak