Old 03-18-2015, 07:07 PM   #21

While i haven't yet turned the water back on, it looks like their are drip stains directly below the crimped hot and cold water T-fittings below the sink. From that area the wood is stained directly towards the damaged area. I'll probably turn the water back on this weekend and see if I can locate a drip.

The reefer drain tube looked intact and seemed to be sealed onto the back of the reefer well. However, when I moved it, it was so brittle it cracked. Their is no indications of water or moisture at all in the area behind the reefer. It's dusty and cobweb'd as a nun's.....well......you know. I will be replacing the cracked reefer drip tune anyways though.

trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble View Post
While i haven't yet turned the water back on, it looks like their are drip stains directly below the crimped hot and cold water T-fittings below the sink. From that area the wood is stained directly towards the damaged area. I'll probably turn the water back on this weekend and see if I can locate a drip.

The reefer drain tube looked intact and seemed to be sealed onto the back of the reefer well. However, when I moved it, it was so brittle it cracked. Their is no indications of water or moisture at all in the area behind the reefer. It's dusty and cobweb'd as a nun's.....well......you know. I will be replacing the cracked reefer drip tune anyways though.
Probably found it! You will learn to make plumbing checks a part of the religious practices of camper ownership. Drain traps just love to shimmy loose! My tool kit includes PEX crimper and rings and at least one spare of every fitting and valve in the camper and a few plugs in case of needed bypass till I get parts.

For the condensate drain, replace it with some vinyl tube. Teflon is best if you have a source for it cheap, but vinyl will do and outlast the corrugated OE tube. If you need the insert insect screen, drop me a PM.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #23

I came across this while researching the luan/foam/luan floors that FR uses in some of its units. It really seems to have a major problem when it encounters water. It appears that the foam layer and vinyl layer on top create a perfect environment for the wood to stay wet and rot.

Question to the OP. Have you repaired the damage? Did I miss that post?

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #24

shhhhh...ietquay on the oorflay. its going over like a flock of ogsday. ahem...anyway, FR cant glue the vinyl because it causes the lufolu floor to fail early, which is fubar because it allows the water to travel and do more damage.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #25

i done a few of these. look underneath and figure where the supports are. your going to add 2x4s on the perimeter of whatever floor you remove. half under old and half width under the new. this wil be shaved to foam thickness. then dado cut to accomodate new floor thickness, at least 5/8". new 2x2s on 16" centers in the field and they must have support underneath. bracing will prolly needed to be welded underneath. expand the repair if necessary to get that support. plunge cut floor and carefully chip foam the 2" necessary for the perimerter 2xs. use construction adhesive, countersink, and screw. thats how ive done em anyway...

Tags
water, leak