Old 12-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #1

"GREAT" Quality control during build

Another case of "great" quality control.

So I opened up the hiding spot under my bathroom sink to investigate if the water pump was there as I suspected, which it was. I needed to put a winterization kit on so I could run Antifreeze through the lines.

Of course the water pump is mounted so close to the inside of the cabinet wall that I have to change the mounting location to gain enough room to put the valve on and unbend the slightly kinked inlet from the fresh water tank. Maybe it will improve water pressure next spring, we'll see.

Also noticed that the fresh water gravity fill hose that gave me fits because it wouldn't accept water from a garden hose unless I stuck about 18" of hose inside the fill port was routed upward above the electrical wiring from the converter. A few snips of wire ties, some rerouting of some of the wiring to a lower height and reapplied ties allowed me to route the fill hose in a downward angle that now will not force water to travel upward for 2' before dropping downward to get to my fresh water tank.

It's a shame there is not more of a standardized system or someone we could discuss processes during building these that would eliminate these frustrations for people. I'm just glad I'm fairly handy and can correct these things without having to haul my camper to a dealer and leave it until they can get around to it.

Also put some rubber squares under the mounting feet of the water pump before remounting, hopefully minimizing or eliminating as much vibration and noise as possible from the water pump.

Learned a bit more about the specifics of where everything is and how it all works so while frustrating that I have to correct these things, a good day in the end.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:48 PM   #2

Had a similar gripe with our Cruise Lite - had a very large list if issues I brought up to FR after having some issues getting serviced. Interestingly, a kinked inlet hose to the water pump was one of them. I cut the hose, added a 90 degree support (that PEX says to use at every corner) and it works much better now.

Open all your hidey holes - you'll find a ton of wood and METAL chips from assembly. I had some on top of the circuit board for the WFCO unit!

Good luck, hope you get things all going good!

Two shedding mutts
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:36 AM   #3

I don't believe the coach designers/builders ever camped a day in their lives!
Old 12-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
I don't believe the coach designers/builders ever camped a day in their lives!
That is the problem with many industries, not just RV designers and builders. Not to mention many building have only played video games until they got the job on the RV line. Not the Amish of course
Old 12-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #5

The Amish that I have talked to, that repair these things, DO own travel trailers and use them. They just hire someone to pull them to a site, and leave it there as a seasonal. They understand more about the workings and problems of these things than anyone.

That said, SOME factories are worse than others. But there are probably 200 factories........lumping them all together on all points is not really valid

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #6

Our Cruise Lite was built in Hemet CA - no Amish there! Our last TT was a Jayco and it was built in Indiana but had its share of issues as well. I worked in aerospace manufacturing most of my life so poor quality rubs me the wrong way - guess I just can't get past that.

Two shedding mutts
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality

« Heater | Battery »