Originally Posted by windrider
Going through this thread again, I'm puzzled and may know why.
Trying to connect the camper to the garage outlet was only an indicator that there was a problem. What I am faced with now is a short between the neutral and ground conductors somewhere in the romex that connects the outside 30A inlet (I have said receptacle before, sorry) to the transfer switch inside. So essentially what I have right now is a single run of romex that I am testing in the camper which has been disconnected at both ends.
It seems that the builder has run this wire in the most inefficient and convoluted manner. I believe it goes up the right side wall, across the roof making several loops in random places, and then back down the left side wall. When I removed the 30A inlet I also noticed that the romex insulation was cut and abraded in several locations. And this was just in the first foot of wire.
My solution now is just to run some 10/2 myself within the lower pass through storage compartment. The camper is only two months old so it is still under warranty but after some of the hack job horror stories I've heard done at some dealers, it looks like this one's on me for my own peace of mind.
THANKS all for the input !!!