Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

Gutter leak at splice seam

Ok, I’ve developed a mild drip coming from gutter at the splice. It is on front door side, front awning is below it. During a rain it will seep through and run down exterior surface only.
Due to the snap in screw cover caulking of channel were water flows i have already redone. However caulking further had caused snap trim to pop out over the winter. I replaced that yesterday. And I’m currently all cleaned up from that repair. And am back to factory conditions.
Any suggestions. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2966.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	173650Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2967.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	173651Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2965.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	173653
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Ok, I’ve developed a mild drip coming from gutter at the splice. It is on front door side, front awning is below it. During a rain it will seep through and run down exterior surface only.
Due to the snap in screw cover caulking of channel were water flows i have already redone. However caulking further had caused snap trim to pop out over the winter. I replaced that yesterday. And I’m currently all cleaned up from that repair. And am back to factory conditions.
Any suggestions. Attachment 173650Attachment 173651Attachment 173653
Had the same problem with my 2018 - 30 ' Hemisphere. Purchased proflex rv flexible sealant from Camping world. Easy to work with. Crystal clear and very flexible. Easy to apply with a calk gun. Made especially for this purpose. Used by FR at the plant. Dries within 30 minutes and will not crack from Sun or trailer flex. Made by Geocel in Elkart In.
Worked for me, Good luck !
Vernon Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon Gay View Post
Had the same problem with my 2018 - 30 ' Hemisphere. Purchased proflex rv flexible sealant from Camping world. Easy to work with. Crystal clear and very flexible. Easy to apply with a calk gun. Made especially for this purpose. Used by FR at the plant. Dries within 30 minutes and will not crack from Sun or trailer flex. Made by Geocel in Elkart In.
Worked for me, Good luck !
Is that the same stuff they use around the windows and anything sealed on the outside?

I have the same drip issue except my seam is just left of the awning and on the farside runs down on the shore power cover.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Any suggestions. Attachment 173650Attachment 173651Attachment 173653
This was addressed yesterday "6/4/18 at 12:43 PM" under "Where should the A/C water drain"! Detailed Fix! Youroo!!
Old 06-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
Is that the same stuff they use around the windows and anything sealed on the outside?

I have the same drip issue except my seam is just left of the awning and on the farside runs down on the shore power cover.
Yes it is the same stuff they use around window seams.
Vernon Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This was addressed yesterday "6/4/18 at 12:43 PM" under "Where should the A/C water drain"! Detailed Fix! Youroo!!
I just read your post in that thread. After our trip next week I'm definitely going that route.

Thanks for the details

Here is the direct post for everyone

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1830090

Tags
leak