Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
2009 Wildwood LE 26TBSS
H2o isolation valve?

Ok, I have an 09 Wildwood 26TBSS without any owners manuals... Does anyone know where the fresh water tank isolation valve is?? I put anti freeze into the tank and can't pump it out into the lines... the tank doesn't fill when hooked to city water thus there must be an isolation valve, Right???

I have isolated the H/w tank and looked at the pump, under the fridge, and even pulled the panel under the bathroom sink... NOTHING FOUND.

Any ideas would be helpfull. BTW I put 3 gallons into the tank and i'm level, that should be enough to get picked up.... Yes?

Craig & Jennifer, plus 4 boys and a chocolate lab pup
Outside Boston, MA
2009 Wildwood 26TBSS
2006 Dodge 1500 quad cab, 5.7 multi-displacement Hemi
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Head Rambler
First thing is that there really isn't an isolation valve on the fresh water tank per-se. Most of those units have a winterizing line on the suction of the pump with a 3-way valve that allows you to suck antifreeze right out of the jug by turning the valve to the winterizing line. Look at the line between the pump and the FW tank and see if you have one.

Secondly, if your FW tank was completely empty, 3 gallons probably isn't enough to raise the level above the pump outlet port.

Third, most people don't put antifreeze in the FW tank because it's such a pain to get out in the spring. Most FW tanks won't drain completely so you're stuck with dilution.

Fourth, the isolation valve you eluded to is actually a check valve in the discharge of the pump that keeps city water from flowing back through the pump.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote