Old 08-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
By the way to me it looks like your plywood got damaged. May I suggest that you cut the membrane at one of the dents, and look to see if the plywood cracked, then just tape it back up after you take a picture.
Great info, thanks!!! I truly appreciate the advice. Frankly, I would have never thought of cutting it, but I do think that whatever is under it is broken or cracked. The hail at my house was just under golfball size, but the storage lot got hit with something bigger.

I will get pics of some of the other damage there. I couldn't believe the amount of damage to some of the RVs. I definitely got a glimpse into which siding types to never buy.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #12

sampling of other's damage in the lot

I think these show how well the aluminum sided trailers fared. Not well!

Click image for larger version

Name:	aluminumsiding2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	116559

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	116560

Name:	innsbruck.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	116561

Name:	innsbruck2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	116562

Name:	trailmanor.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	116563

Name:	starcraft.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	116564

Name:	ouch.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	116565

Old 08-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #13

Name:	maxxair fan mate survived.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	116572
By the way, the only vent covers that were not smashed by this hail that I see in the lot are the older Maxx Air Fanmate 850s. They seem to have been the only plastic that was pliable enough to withstand it. Everything that was stiff plastic is broken.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #14

A good repair facility can help you. If the adjuster misses anything or if there is a labor rate difference they can help with your claim. Make a list of all the damage you have noticed and give to the appraiser. Having in a shaded area will help see the damage against a bright white. If you do not have a repair shop in mind ask the appraiser if there is one he would recommend. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #15

I used to own a franchise called Property Damage Appraisers, sounds like that is who ins. co. is sending. If we wrote RV damage, we had to get qualified to do it. Make sure the appraiser is the one who is qualified. I worked with local repair shops and dealers and I was quick to total a unit, knowing how repair are.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #16

Mad max.
Your roof damage is easily repairable. It's something we do many times at our shop. It should be over laid with 1/4 inch luan underpayment screwed to the roof trusses through the original decking and a new TPO roof membrane glued to the new wood. This should also help in your roof flex you mentioned. All vents and mldgs. Will be replaced at this time.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsdaletc View Post
Mad max.
Your roof damage is easily repairable. It's something we do many times at our shop. It should be over laid with 1/4 inch luan underpayment screwed to the roof trusses through the original decking and a new TPO roof membrane glued to the new wood. This should also help in your roof flex you mentioned. All vents and mldgs. Will be replaced at this time.
Thanks, what would be a rough guestimate of cost for that on a 24 foot trailer?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #18

Well the adjuster said just under $5,000 for everything if, nothing is wrong underneath the rubber part. Take off the existing roof and report back if there is damage underneath is what I understood from the conversation. He also said the hourly rates vary really widely with RV repair shops.

He couldn't estimate anything on the fiberglass siding. There are not really dents in that, but it looks like hammered paint now. that part was impossible to show him in until the end when the sun shined on it at the correct angle. I will try to get a picture of that too, before I talk to a repair shop.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Well the adjuster said just under $5,000 for everything if, nothing is wrong underneath the rubber part. Take off the existing roof and report back if there is damage underneath is what I understood from the conversation. He also said the hourly rates vary really widely with RV repair shops.

He couldn't estimate anything on the fiberglass siding. There are not really dents in that, but it looks like hammered paint now. that part was impossible to show him in until the end when the sun shined on it at the correct angle. I will try to get a picture of that too, before I talk to a repair shop.
This is where your dilemma comes in, if your plywood was damage the only option would be the Factory as I stated earlier. My full roof replacement with all new vents and stuff except the A/C was 5400.00, but mine is 32' so 5000.00 should cover it easily and you might have enough left over for transportation cost. Who is your ins. Company? Sounds like they have done you right...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #20

Update: Finally done!

Well, it has been 10 days short of 6 months since the hail storm. The RV shop called this evening to say that the roof is finally replaced. Pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Tags
insurance, repair