Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Rachel,

Good outcome and good story on perseverance. Many that frequent here just complain and whine about problems. You took matters into your hands and made it work for you. Now you have this task completed things that come up will be easier to take on and look after.

Congratulations on a job Well Done!
My hope is that this will be helpful to others if they come.actoss the same issue, even if it's not the same problem.
Rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Now you've done it...

Those holes in the duct work is actually a listed feature of most RV's...

They call it the 'Heated Underbelly'!
Lol heated underbelly my butt! And they couldn't even be considered holes. These were ere actual tears. Either way, it's all fixed.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Have to give you credit for doing something most would not. Good job! As to your list of future fixes:
#1. After cleaning up the duct area around the one vent you have (aluminum tape will help) try using some small fans to move the air that is just being dumped down from that one vent.
#2 Try re-hooking wires to grey water but keep in mind they are notorious for being inaccurate. You will learn how many showers or how long you can go before dumping.
#3 The lifters on the bed are usually junk. Heavier duty ones may help but we just use an old broom handle cut to length to prop it up.
#4 Measure the height of the ladder you need. I have an aluminum tubular one from my last trailer that if it will work I will ship it to you. You may have to reassemble but it sounds like you are up to the task.
No suggestions for 5 and 6.
Again..Great job! Post minimum height for ladder that will work. It was cut so it may be too short.
With the AC "ducts", is nothing but what I am assuming is the board insulation. I noticed when I put 2 separate rolled up towels in there to open it up more, that there seems to be tape at the seam that has kind of come apart. My brother is pretty handy, as well as an electrician for Bonneville Dam. Pretty sure he could help me with fixing it.

The sensors I know can be pretty wonky, but when I got the trailer, the black water tank sensor wasn't really working either, but was able to.clean it out really well, and it's working like a charm.

I figured the lifters were crap, but will be a super easy replacement once I get them.

Far as the ladder goes, I'm not going to replace it. I am planning on making a staircase bookcase with each step being separate from the others, but can be latched in place so it can't move. I would also be able to make a railing for it, as well as a small railing for that loft area, so if she chooses to sleep up there, or a visitor, she/they can.

Tags
trailer