Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #1

hard bubbling on wall

After my last trip I noticed some bubbling on the side wall at the front inside right hand side near the top between the side window and the top storage area. Has anyone see this type of hard bubbles. I have looked at this area for leaks or sign of any water no sign of any. This is a 2007 rockwood 5 wheel 8282ss model.
djahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #2

A picture would help, but based on your description I will take a shot. The way you describe it sounds exactly the same as a problem I had with my Rockwood TT. The "hard bubble" was the foam insulation in the side wall swelling up from water infiltration and pushing in on the interior wall of the TT. Even if this is not it, I am failry certain water is causing it. In my case, the problem was covered and replaced under warranty.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #3

Yup !! Bad news ... especially if the "bubbles" look like little pimples. Several folks (including me) on this forum and on others can attest that that symptom is a very likely indication of a water leak somewhere. Likely past warranty, unless you have an extended one, but never hurts to hit up Forest River on this issue.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #4

Thank for the reply they are like little pimples but you would think I would see some moisture or water on the inside of the rv. I have had my roof inspected every year and caulked by my dealer, and also by myself and can't see any problem on the roof. Could be water coming in when I am driving. Will be talking to my dealer this week.
djahs is offline   Reply With Quote