Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #21

I have a Direct TV HD SWM dish bought off ebay. I mount it on a home built PVC mount. It takes me about 5 minutes to hit the HD satellites. I also tried to get surround sound from the sat receiver into the concertcrap. With the factory setup I don't think it can be done. As others have pointed out the TT jack plate is stereo. I just use the HDMI.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYSONH View Post
ROCKWOOD 8316SS
32" TV HAS HDMI 1080 and Component
Concertone has 5.1 surround sound
Connection on TT plate has composite red,yellow ,white
I do not have a dish or a reciever yet im wanting to get hd with surround sound
does that help any or do you need more info
You will have to modify the connections to the plate. I am guessing that you would have to bring your video (component or HDMI) straight to the TV and the audio (fiber optic or coaxial, depending what audio input connections the Concertone has for digital audio inputs). Does the concertone have any video inputs, component or HDMI?

kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #23

on his pictures, i can see 2 video connections on the cornorstone. that is why i'm thinking that the surround sound may ride on the video. they could just be using them as a convienent pass thru so that u can connect one set of cables to the input from ur source and go out to the tv. i really don't know what the reason for the video connections are for on the cornorstone.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
on his pictures, i can see 2 video connections on the cornorstone. that is why i'm thinking that the surround sound may ride on the video. they could just be using them as a convienent pass thru so that u can connect one set of cables to the input from ur source and go out to the tv. i really don't know what the reason for the video connections are for on the cornorstone.
I see what you are saying, but that would be like putting a Rolls Royce body on a Yugo frame. The way I would handle the situation is to pull the plate off and follow the wires to the back of the concertone, use some white electrical tape and a marks a lot and label the wires at the plate and the concetone (this will be of great help to have done this if you have to pull out the Concetone anytime in the future). Draw a simple diagram of where the wires go. While looking at the back of the Concertone, write down all of the inputs and outputs on your diagram, used or not. Post the diagram and then put it with your manuals so in the future you can preplan your project. If I can get some time, I will post my diagram. Busy weekend approaching!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #25

Does this help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page26 copy.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	3503  
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Does this help

That helped a lot. As I thought, the Concertone only passes/ switches Composite Video and only accepts analog audio. It is a "surround Sound" Audio Processor but only for it's integrated DVD. Any external source (ex HD receiver) audio inputs are left and right analog, only giving stereo through the 5 speakers. A HD sat receiver's video would have to go direct to the TV's HDMI or Component input. The audio can go direct to the Concertone to make use of the 5 speakers, but it will really be stereo not surround. You can connect the audio from the HD receiver to the Red & White RCA connector on the plate and select the correct source (mode as Concertone calls it) and you will get the sound. Does that help?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #27

Thank you so much for your help and time.
I hope i can be as helpful to some as you guys have been with me.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Thank you so much for your help and time.
I hope i can be as helpful to some as you guys have been with me.
I am sure you will be. We all have specialties that we are good at/ have knowledge of. It only benefits to share. I am pretty new to the camping thing myself. Being an electronics tech (mainly a troubleshooter) I am not afraid to take something apart and figure out how it works. I am always happy to share my experience with others and I hope all will do the same.

If it wasn't for FRF members sharing their experiences and knowledge, I would have made many mistakes and spent a lot of extra money. FRF are Awesome!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #29
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
You should all remember to say what MODEL your Concertone is since that is the BRAND and does not designated what the particular features may be on your unit. The MODEL does that.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #30

i took the theory, got the fed 1st class (general now) and hold and advanced amatiur WB5JAZ. the last time i applied any of this was abt 20 yrs ago. at one time, i repaired CB radios. i useto assemble my equipment now i'm an appliance operator.

the picture can be looked up on concerton's web site. there appears to be only one model that looks like that. they have several interfaces for it. in my thinking, the old videocyper 2 useto put all the info in the composit video. you could hook that up and not the audio input cable and all would work well until u went to an unscrambled channel. then u had to have the audio cables. it was a streach but i was hoping that the digital audio was riding with the video. the convential audio would be too narrow i would think. video will be at least 3.8mhz wide.

would love to see a schematic of this and see if an input can be installed eaisly that will allow the concertone to work with a digital output from the sat receiver. if it were mine, i would make the simple connection between the video out of the sat receiver and the input to the video of the concertone. if it worked fine, if it didn't i would know one other thing that wouldn't work. there shouldn't be any concerns abt mismatch...they should be compatible.

by the way, i did not work in the electonics field. it was just a hobby. have never looked into stereo AM or how they are doing the digital or getting the channels.