Old 09-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #31
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
As posted in another thread, Concertone is currently testing optical inputs and an interface box (so existing systems could add this on). Availability to follow...

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
As posted in another thread, Concertone is currently testing optical inputs and an interface box (so existing systems could add this on). Availability to follow...
that figures. they brought out the receiver with the 5.1 in it but didn't provide and interface...

Old 09-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #33
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
that figures. they brought out the receiver with the 5.1 in it but didn't provide and interface...
They brought out 5.1 BEFORE optical inputs were used as often as they are now. While optical inputs have existed for some time, they only have gone "mainstream" recently.

Heck, I had optical capability on my original home surround sound system years ago, but the cables were very expensive and not all the components used them anyway.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #34

I thought optical was old news now with HDMI 1.4???
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #35

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
The Direct TV Installer just left.........We have the Concertone ZX-700. You would not belive the the sound that comes out of the ZX-700. He said IT gets a bad rap because most people dont understand how to hook it up or what the settings need to be on. I cant explain it but, he has everything working and coming threw the ZX-700. Note: I was have some problems with the controls on the ZX-700. But after he hooked everything up(HDTV (Direct TV) XM-Sirrius radio, Blue-Ray DVD plus standard DVD on Concertone) it works great !! I would just suggest having a professional installer come and go over everything and make sure everything is hooked up right. They even (Forestriver had the holes drilled for the HDMI cables) had drilled holes for all the hook ups I didnt even know they were there. The installer knew right where to look. The DVD-DVDR even sits side ways in the livingroom compartment, with the cabnets closed everything can still be controlled by the remotes. He also programed the remote so we only have to use the direct TV remote to run everything (Concertone,Blue-ray,TV etc.). Im very happy and the one thats the most happy is the wife !! PS we also have the system in the bedroom !! HD picture through out the camper...... NFL Sunday Ticket here we come !!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #36

i'm glad u were able to get it working. i'm glad the installer was firmiliar with it as well.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #37

I would recommend a professional installer as well. There are so many variables, inputs, outputs, locations, heating of equipment, etc that it can simply be overwhelming for most.

NWJeeper,
when i was in the audio/video business, there was no standard between manufacturers for digital audio and video signals. Many manufacturers were coming up with their own types of connections so you had to by their cd changer, DVD player, audio processor, etc. It was a wonderful day when it was announced that HDMI would be the standard and be the cable that carried digital audio as well as digital video. Component video, a standard optical audio plug, and coaxial audio are also accepted for digital signals. One disadvantage of HDMI is the length limit of 16 feet (may have changed). The other problem is in a custom install you can't make your own cables to length (makes behind the scenes look sloppy). Behind the scenes is just as important as what everybody sees to prevent troubles down the road. Especially when we are talking RVs and boats.

Secure the wiring with tie wraps to prevent the plugs from coming out over time. I have yet to see a TT, RV, or production boat where they do this. You will have troubles down the road and you will probably think something is wrong with your equipment when it is just a loose or broken connection.

BigRed,
Sounds like you got real lucky with your DirecTV installer, hope you kept his name. I have helped many of my friends put their audio video systems together over the years and every time the DirecTV people come to work or change something, they unhook the cables to the system and never put them back. Or I'll put in a system ahead of the Sat installer, run all the cables, including the cables they would run. Label each cable so it's just plug and play and they will unhook all kinds of stuff and go direct to the TV with cables running down the front of the walls. I don't have much faith in the Satellite installer or the cable TV installer after my many many experiences. But sounds like you got real lucky with this installer. Good luck.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #38

Here is a picture of TV system distribution I did on a new build of a 105 foot Sport Fish yacht. There were 5 satellite receivers, off air TV antenna, cable hook up, yachts camera system, navigation computer, radar, and fish finder all viewable from any TV on the boat. I also installed all of the marine electronics and telephone system. This boat used a stabilized satellite antenna (32"dish inside a dome). The satellite receivers were on shelves behind this board. By the way, this was in the crawl space in front of the dashboard, you couldn't even sit up straight! I spent 4 solid months on this project away from home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00023.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	3519  
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #39

Directv installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYSONH View Post
Thats what i have hdmi on tv but i dont wont to give up the concertone surround sound and really dont wont to take tv out to connect hdmi. I'll wait to see what your sat. guys says keep me posted. thank you
My Directv was installed on Sat.. I now have HD tv with surround sound from the concertone player. It was very easy install. The person who comes to install will know what to do. Very nice picture and sound. Very happy. Just call them. I got the premier pkg w/NFL. Nice programs and movies. They did an excellent job. Annamarie
Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #40

Nice install Kirk. I feel for ya. Try laying on your back working behind the panel of a light aircraft! Ouch!

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote