Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #1

help! '99 FR 29bhs electrical issue

Hi all, My issue is that I have no power to my fridge, furnace, and the lights for the 2 bunks. these are located on the opposite side from the breaker box. I replaced the power converter thinking that was it...nope.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

This doesn't make sense about the furnace, as most are 12 volt. Also most lights are 12 volt. Fridge can run on AC power, or needs 12 volt to work on gas. What voltage is your your battery reading? Don't use the monitor panel, get a voltmeter. Are any of the plugs working for AC? Are you plugged in to shore power? Are you sure you have power coming in and haven't tripped a supply breaker? Lot of things to check, just have to go through the SLOWLY, and one at a time. Otherwise you will replace a lot of parts, and spend a lot of time and money, NEEDLESSLY. Take your time.

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #3

Ill get the volt meter on it tomorrow. everything else works. microwave, all other lights, tv, etc. Hooked up on shore power right now.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

OK, if the microwave works, you have shore power. Lights should be on one of the auto style fuses in the fuse panel. Furnace should be on one also. I would look for 12 volts on both sides of all the auto style fuse. Just by chance are the bunk lights controlled by a light switch on the wall somewhere? Could also be the bulbs. Test the fridge on propane. Keep us posted and maybe some others will jump in tomorrow with things I have forgotten.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #5

bunk lights are on wall at the head of each bunk. furnace under bottom bunk, fridge on other side of wall from bunk lights. seems isolated to this area. All the fuses 'look' good. And even when I switch over to gas on the fridge (push button select), I get nothing. Im thinking its a wire issue. Ive looked around but Im missing something. Thanks for getting back to me so quick!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #6

I put fridge to 'gas'. nothing- no light indicating it has switched over either.
Bunk lights are on fridge wall.
Heater under bottom bunk.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

If my fridge is on gas, there are no lights that come on, unless the fridge fails to fire on propane....then it is a light that comes on to check the system. If the inside light is working, then you are getting 12 volt to the fridge. You can hear the propane flame if you put your ear close to the outside vent. You can also pull the vent and carefully feel the heat chamber to see if it is working. If you do not have 12 volt, then the propane won't work.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #8

Im not getting any inside light.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

My 5th wheel

has a current limiter (auto-resetting type) under the pin box. ALL the 12VDC power to the rig from shore power and batteries goes through this 40 AMP current limiter.

The slide power and front landing gear are wired DIRECTLY to the 12 volt batteries, BUT the red wire that goes to the power distribution box goes to that limiter under the pin box first.

The connectors on the limiter became corroded and lost contact so I had no 12VDC AT ALL inside the camper. AC power inside worked, the main slides worked, the landing gear worked, but nothing else. No lights, No Fridge (on gas), no heater, no lights, nothing else.

Cleaned those connectors with sandpaper AND EVERTHING STARTED WORKING.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #10

Im going to pull the fuse box... and ill look at the wiring behind the fuses..(since they are all good----cant find my blasted multimeter to test the fuse connections) ill let you all know of my findings.