Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Help! Lost keys

I just drove off and left my only set of keys on the hitch. Needless to say they were not there when we arrived home. How do I get a replacement set?

Okiedokie camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Which keys are you looking for? Keys to the trailer? or the locks on the hitch? If it's the trailer contact your dealer. There should be a number on the lock that they could match to get you new keys.There are not a bunch of different keys so the chances are good they will have them. If it's the hitch lock you may just want to buy another by the same manufacturer. Those lock don't have very many different key numbers either. Good luck. Welcome to the forums.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
That happened to us last year.
I got them from our dealer...we needed to get a number or letter off the door. I thought I took the door handle apart to find the letter or number. not sure.. I'm sure someone else can be more helpful.
Outside shower key, I think are all the same.
Storage locks I remember being #751, atleast on my setup
Good luck
2010 Rockwood 8317ss
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 6.2L
Prodigy Brake Controller
Wisconsin Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
there is a sticker with a key code, but it is inside the handle, you have to remove the inside half of the handle to find the sticker. Of course your trailer needs to be unlocked for this to happen. If it is unlocked by chance then remove the four screws holding the inside half of the lock/handle assy to the inner door panel. you will find the code and a I think a 800 number for replacement keys. Maybe FR can look it upo by VIN#, have you contacted FR customer service.
Dan, Kelly and Maddy.
Cupid and Kandi the Camp Dogs
Tomball, Texas
2006 Salem LE2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost Supercrew w/ factory tow package
Danielflading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
If you get them from Forest River...the keys are cheap...the shipping will cost more than several gallons of gas!
2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS Travel Trailer

2007 Chevy 2500HD 'Classic' with the Duramax engine.

Converting a 1956 GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser, ex Greyhound into a motor home.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #6
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Lost keys

May be hard for you to get the keys number being that your RV is locked. I have a sheet in my paper work where I purchased my Rockwood, it is a Forest River Appliance information sheet with all the Model numbers and serial number. If you have this sheet, look at the bottom of the sheet, it list all the key numbers and brand (there are two brands) . mine is Fastec ! It should be a three number code of the key. First thing I did was put together FOUR complete sets of keys for my RV. When using my RV, I have a set in my pocket, a set in my truck or TV, my wife has a set in her purse, a set at home just in case !!!!!!!!!!

The source for replacement keys is: WWW.RVLOCKSANDMORE.COM

Good luck
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
AKA Indiana Jones
Call your Forest River dealer tomorrow. They will almost certainly have duplicate keys for all your compartments, and a master key that will unlock your main door so you can get in, as long as you don't have your deadbolt locked.
tmh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
If you have a Rock Wood chances are the key code will have the letters "EF then followed by three numbers" the three numbers are the key cuts and as stated before they may be stamp on the keyway on the door lock. If you have two doors the key codes are different, but if you buy the same two locks then you can use the same key for both doors.

If you where to change the locks so that one key works all, remember there are two locks on each door, the handle lock and the dead bolt all four must match the same key code.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
I have posted this once before, and now the subject has come up watch out for this. These keys are not made like automotive keys. If the black plactic breaks the key will fall out....SO BEWARE......
Attached Images
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
Site Team - Lou
I am thinking all FR camper products use the same baggage door locks.
The Key Code for them is CH-751

Find a neighbor and ask what key code is on their baggage door.

Maybe you have a "laundry chute" that is large enough for a smaller kid to climb through and open the door.

If not, maybe remove enough plumbing to climb through a cabinet.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote