Old 05-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #1

Help with Levelling Jacks

Hello All
First off I am very new to RVing and this Forum after recently purchasing a Used Georgetown 2013 280ds. (5000 miles)
Picked it up from Dealer 500 miles from home as there is no dealer here. Set up last week in Campground near dealer in case of any problems and and 2nd time I tried to deploy auto levelling system (LCI) front jacks would not deploy. Retracted jacks and tried again and system worked so thought nothing of it.
Drove home yesterday and about halfway into my trip notice that the Jacks down light started flashing, stopped and checked all jacks were stowed so shut of unit and restarted light went off.

Drove remainder of trip and parked in driveway and left overnight. This morning tride to deply jacks and just backs went down, ( the motor home is pretty level without jacks only rear light was flashing before trying).

Tried to reactivate system and also bring jacks back up. I cannot get them up or auto level the system as fronts will not go down. Nothing moves in auto or Manual mode. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I am currently stuck in my driveway.
Thanks Phil

Should aslo mention that on the way home ran into a snowstorm, (yes May 3rd), no snow accumulated on highway but temp was around 32 F or 0 Celcius Canada

Old 05-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #2

Maybe running the system reset function will cure the ill. I think depressing all four actuator buttons down at the same time will reset the system. Also, check for blown fuses in the battery control panel, if you have one.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned that I had all lights flashing and read up on the reset. That got it back to:
Turn on the system
System shows only rear jack needs adjustment (checked with manual level and sensor flash is correct)
Push auto level, light comes on nothing happens
Wait ....
Try pushing manual -wait till light comes on
Push rear button. Nothing happens

Wait...
Try pushing retract all jacks.....nothing happens

Checked motor battery system voltage. Reads 12.2 which is good
Should let you know i am a little handy but better with construction than mechanical

Phil
Old 05-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Maybe running the system reset function will cure the ill. I think depressing all four actuator buttons down at the same time will reset the system. Also, check for blown fuses in the battery control panel, if you have one.

Good idea I will check the fuse panel. Probably in the morning as is getting dark here

Tags
jacks