Old 05-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #1

Help!! with stabilizer/etc. damage

Well today I jacked up my 2018 puma xle travel trailer with the stabilizer jacks down to change tires. Yes Iím an idiot. I was in a rush. I did jack directly under the leaf springs on the axle so the trailer maybe raised an inch just enough to get tires to spin. The side I jacked up was the entry side so the side that had the pressure on it from the stabilizer jacks was the super slide side.

I inspected it and didnít notice any major damage. I did notice that the slide track closest to the front of the trailer now sits off center on the gear (my slide has two tracks and gears underneath it). I did operate the slide and itís fully functional still. It extends and retracts evenly , not lopsided either. Also noticed some slight bubbling in the roof membrane that I smoothed out.

Inside, thereís no buckling of walls, floor is not buckled, and the plywood floor of the slide isnít cracked or broke.

Frame isnít bend either as I looked down the length of it on both sides.

The stabilizer jacks are not wobbly now either still in tact. So is this just a huge ďlesson learnedĒ scenario or should I look for damage other than what Iíve inspected??

Thanks in advance.

Csvt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #2

Yep, Lesson Learned. I purposely don't put stab jacks down at home for that reason. Too easy to forget to raise them if I should have. I just park on boards to level left to right and set the tongue jack to level front to back and call it good. If it moves a little when I walk around while working in it, no big deal.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:57 PM   #3

If your slide works and the door opens, closes, and properly latches, good chance no damage was done.

Trailers are more flexible than one thinks and if you didn't lift the tires off the ground on the opposite side they were carrying some of the weight.

Don't obsess over possible damage, just don't do it again

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. If the stabilizers didn't get bent then I doubt anything else did.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:44 AM   #5

jacks are just only to be used to stabilize and nothing more and I will never understand when people put them down when ever they unhook
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
jacks are just only to be used to stabilize and nothing more and I will never understand when people put them down when ever they unhook
You are correct there is no need for the jacks or stabilizers to be down if you are leaving your rigs slides in. If you are operating the slides then they should be down on most rigs.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote