Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #1

Hooking up Direct TV

Does anyone know how to hook up Direct TV to a sat. ready system in a Sandpiper?
gofor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Looks like you are getting no help. I had a sat in one of my trailers once.
The only thing I can remember is that the line coming in had to go directly to the sat. receiver. (no split)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #3

One end of the cable connects to the dish, the other end of the same cable connects to IN on the back of the reciever, then you use a second cable and connect from the reciever that says out to TV, with the same cable at the other end connects to the input on the TV.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #4

I just recently hooked up Direct TV to my motorhome. I might be able to help you here. But I am not sure on your question. Do you want to know how to hook the cables up or do you want to know how to set the dish up so you get a satallite signal after all the cables have been hooked up?
cosalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #5

Dish/receiver hookup

I would like to know how to do the physical connections from the Sat to reciever to the Concertone/TV

Thanks

Jim & Eileen
Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3 ltr, prodigy controller.
2009 Rockwood 2604.

Running mates Max & Kate Chihuahua's

Hobie Kayaks on Thule rack on truck

Retired Army EOD
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #6

On my 831bhss near the rear end of my camper there are two inputs. One for Satellite and one for cable, Plug into Satellite then on my wall near the tv I plug into the satellite connection from there to my receiver then run a cable from the receiver to the tv and I have 3 rca jacks I plug in from the receiver to the wall for surround sound. Hope this helps. If not like someone elase says from the satellite dish to the receiver from there to the tv and turn it on. Enjoy.
kennithbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #7

quick question? are there a difference in the coaxl cables from tv to sat? i have a 30l cherakee. and i have a cable run into the bedroom but never used it. can it be used either way? thanks mike
knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowles View Post
quick question? are there a difference in the coaxl cables from tv to sat? i have a 30l cherakee. and i have a cable run into the bedroom but never used it. can it be used either way? thanks mike
You can but a unit called leap frog that will transmit sound and video. Nice little unit when you dont want to cable.
Go-Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennithbk View Post
On my 831bhss near the rear end of my camper there are two inputs. One for Satellite and one for cable, Plug into Satellite then on my wall near the tv I plug into the satellite connection from there to my receiver then run a cable from the receiver to the tv and I have 3 rca jacks I plug in from the receiver to the wall for surround sound. Hope this helps. If not like someone elase says from the satellite dish to the receiver from there to the tv and turn it on. Enjoy.
I only have one inlet on the outside of my 8272s. Does that mean I won't be able to hook up my direct TV to it directly.
dano 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano 2 View Post
I only have one inlet on the outside of my 8272s. Does that mean I won't be able to hook up my direct TV to it directly.
Does it say park cable or satellite?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/

Sierra 315BHT
Go-Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote