Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #1

How do I get my TV to play sound through the speakers

I have a 2010 sp293. It has the concertone system. I was wondering it the tv sound will play through the roof speakers and if it will how do I turn it on? I have sound to all the speakers with the radio I just can't get sound to play through them with the TV. When I turn the TV on it just plays through the speakers on the TV. Am I doing something wrong or does the sound not play through these speakers or is something hooked up wrong. I don't know so I am hoping someone can help me with this one. Thanks in advance.
blake2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Proud Member

My 291 has an aux input to the Concertone, but it is not hooked up to anything. I presently have all the parts ready to add a wall plate in the cabinet that will allow us to run an RCA audio cable from the TV to the Concertone so we would have the option to play the TV or an MP3 player through the coach speakers. Stay tuned for a post next week with details of the mod.
Reese SC WD System 800/10,000 lbs
1976 Cessna 177RG
Wife, son, twin daughters, and mother

red.jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2727 View Post
I have a 2010 sp293. It has the concertone system. I was wondering it the tv sound will play through the roof speakers and if it will how do I turn it on? I have sound to all the speakers with the radio I just can't get sound to play through them with the TV. When I turn the TV on it just plays through the speakers on the TV. Am I doing something wrong or does the sound not play through these speakers or is something hooked up wrong. I don't know so I am hoping someone can help me with this one. Thanks in advance.
I just did this with my Concertone ZX75. The DVD comes through the Speakers, but not the TV Surround. However the back of the Concertone has the RCA inputs, and I took out the phone jack plate and replaced it with the New RCA Jack Plate.

You can see the pics here in a post I did on another forum of our new camper. Good luck...

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: PICS: This is our 2010 Rockwood Ultralite; let's go camping

2010 Rockwood Ultralite 2501SSRetired
2005 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/AllisonRetired
2014 Aliner Classic Off-Road Titanium
2010 Toyota Rav4 V6 with Factory Tow Package
4WallCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #4

Thanks and I will be waiting to see the mod. I just thought that it would already be connected since the concertone has the dvd player that plays throught the tv I figured the sound would play also. These little things are whats agrivating that they could have done with an extra 30 seconds of work and didn't.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #5

We were told we couldn't do that because we did not have an output on our TV. Is that right. We wanted to do the same thing last week.
choice spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #6

On mine there is an audio cable from TV to the audio input on the Concertone panel. If it is plugged into the audio output on the TV, nothing comes through the Concertone. However, if you plug it into the headset output on the TV and change the function to output 1 or 2 (never can remember until I am in front of it) you can then hear it through the speakers. Keep in mind you have to have the Concertone on the hear it because the TV is silenced.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #7

So if i'm understanding correctly I have the audio hook ups on the back of my concertone? I can take my phone jack out and put an audio jack in and run the wiring through the wall and tie into the back of the concertone and then connect my tv to the jack, correct? By the way how does the concertone come off the wall? Is it screwed are does it just lift or something?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #8

On my Z70, the main unit is wired in the bulhead to a panel that is mounted below the TV mount. I do not have to remove the main unit to get to it. I plug the antenna and audio cables from the TV into the jacks on the panel. To make it play through the speakers, I connect the cable from the "Audio" jack on the panel to the "headset" jack on the TV. If your unit isn't wired the same way then you may need to get to the back of the main unit.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #9

TV Sound

On ours I had to hook up small jumpers from audio out on the back of the television to the concertone board. They were color coded red/white. Also the slide controller need to be in the tv/mp3 player position if I remember correctly. Then had to go into the tv settings and turn off internal speakers. Had to them find the correct function on the concertone and I was in business. Don't remember which function it was but there are only a couple beside FM radio function. Hope this helps I am not a real Hi-tech guy. Best of Luck
Blaze67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #10

Guess they aren't all setup the same....on my Concertone, I press 'A' for main area, 'B' for bedroom, 'C' for outside.

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #11

Well mine is set up pretty much the same as yours except it plays the radio when I press A, B, or C but it won't play the tv sound. Im going to look at it better when I get home this afternoon and see what I can figure out.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #12

Ok. I have a headphone (or mp3) jack on the front of my stereo. The stereo is not a Concertone (do't think) I can't find a headphone jack on the TV, nor can I find an output connection. There are red and white jacks, but they say audio input. Best Buy told me that I can't do what I want to do. What do you say?
choice spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Well mine is set up pretty much the same as yours except it plays the radio when I press A, B, or C but it won't play the tv sound. Im going to look at it better when I get home this afternoon and see what I can figure out.
I believe my input is AU2 [on the concertone] for TV....

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #14

Of course, we all could have a different TV in our rigs. On my TV, I have a jack that is only marked by a headset symbol. I use a short jumper cable with yellow ends between the audio jack on the panel and the headset jack on the TV. I will see if I can get a picture this evening.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #15

Thanks for all of the info so far. I will try to look at it this afternoon and see exactly what I need to make it work. I am taking it on its first camping trip next weekend so i'm just trying to get everything ready. I'm sure I will have a new list of things to do once I get back.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #16

Ours has a switch box in the cabinet under the tv that has to be in the right position for the tv /stereo/xm/ and also the stereo has to be on the correct input
firedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
Proud Member

Quote:
Thanks and I will be waiting to see the mod.
Posted. See http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tone-6615.html
Reese SC WD System 800/10,000 lbs
1976 Cessna 177RG
Wife, son, twin daughters, and mother

red.jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #18

Well guys I got my sound working this weekend. I tried every combination I could think of on the back of the concertone and nothing would work. I had a set of audio cables there that were the red and white on one end and a headset type plug on the other (don't ask me where I got them or what they go to I just found them in a drawer that I keep extra stuff like that in). I plugged the colored cords into the audio out on the back of my tv and plugged the headset type end into the aux input on the front of the concertone. It works great now and thanks for all of your advice and help.