Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #1

How do I remove this reading light?

Hi all,

My wife and I own a Rockwood 2605. One of our reading lights over the bed is flickering:

Click image for larger version

Name:	light.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	939

It's probably something simple like a loose wirenut. Although it's under warranty, the closest dealer is over an hour drive so I'd rather try to fix it myself. How do you remove these fixtures? I gently tried twisting it both directions and it didn't go anywhere. Before I go completely breaking this thing trying to fix it (I tend to do that), I figured I'd check here - how are these fixtures removed for repair/replacement?

Thanks!

- Chris
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #2

Flickering Light

I replaced the reading lamps in my first Rockwood. They were removed by rotating the fixture counterclockwise, firmly.

I sure hope you don't have different kind and cuss me when it disintegrates in your hands!

TacBear
TacBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #3

Hi TacBear,

That worked perfectly and I obtained access to the wiring! Thanks a bunch. Once it gets dark outside, I'll see if I can make the flickering lessen/go away if I tighten the crimp splices a bit more.

- Chris
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote