Old 03-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #11

A spot repaired and painted area on a brand new trailer?? Run ,dont walk.That spot will only get worse with age and will never be right.The only way to repair the filar skin is to replace the whole side skin. As far as I would be concerned,that trailer is a total right from the factory and should be priced accordingly.But,its your call....................

Old 03-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
Site Team

Don't accept the " buy it and if the bulge gets worse we will fix it under warranty" You could be without it for a while as they haggle with FR. Their motivation to fix it will be very different once you sign the contract.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
A spot repaired and painted area on a brand new trailer?? Run ,dont walk.That spot will only get worse with age and will never be right.The only way to repair the filar skin is to replace the whole side skin. As far as I would be concerned,that trailer is a total right from the factory and should be priced accordingly.But,its your call....................
Thanks for all the advice to everyone so far. To be fair though, the one that has the spot paint repair is a different trailer that is in stock. The one I was going to get has the buldge but no repair. I just looked at the other ones that were on the lot to compare and possibly transfer my deposit to a different unit, but thats not happening now. Like I said they have two more on order due in any day so hopefully one of them will meet my expectations.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Don't accept the " buy it and if the bulge gets worse we will fix it under warranty" You could be without it for a while as they haggle with FR. Their motivation to fix it will be very different once you sign the contract.
Flybob, my wife and I thought the same thing, that they would tell me they would fix it if it got worse. I don't even want to go down that road.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #15

If it were me I would always focus on that spot. I would hold out for another trailer. It's a big investment and you don't want to always have to look at that spot and wonder if you did the right thing.

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #16

If it's not right- don't take it. Better to wait now for another trailer than be stuck waiting to get this defective one fixed - which will never be totally right. Cash is still in your pocket, so it's the only time you have power to demand a proper unit!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #17

have it fixed now. I had a bulge in my 5er and when they checked it out the frame had missing welds and it started coming apart. It had to go back to the factory to be rebuilt took 5 months.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #18

You will be looking at it every day you are at the trailer. And it will bother you every single time. I would walk.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:34 AM   #19

I went back to the dealer today and had my salesman meet me by the trailers. I showed him the one that was spot repaired first and then the one that has the buldge in it. He was able to see the problem with both of them right away. He said he will let the service shop know about the problems. He assured me that my deposit will transfer to a different trailer and that he would check the next one delivered to make sure there's not the same issue.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #20

We found a smaller but similar bulge on our 5er after we took delivery. Took it back and they pulled the fridge to double check for screws and found nothing protruding. They had it repaired and even though I knew where to look I can't tell where they repaired it. i had same concern as you when I saw it. I agree with the others on the fact that I would have everything you find repaired pre delivery and before signing paperwork.