Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
how to operate 12 volt lights n refrig

hello...i have a 2000 rockwood ultra lite 21ft,model 2104...i can t seem to understand how to operate the lights when not hooked up to electric my battery is charged but how does it convert is there a switch,and how do i operate my frig with gas only..thanks

encartaman1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
Not sure of your particular model but most TT lights are 12volts. With your battery hooked up and charged you should not have to do anything but turn on the switch. Sometimes there will be one regular lamp installed and that would require being plugged into shore power. The frig should have two button probably over the door. It also will require 12 volts from the battery to work even on gas only. Should have the option for Auto/Gas and On/Off if I remember right. If you don't have AC power (shore power) in the Auto selection it should switch over to run on gas. Be sure you have your tank on and the lines will have to bleed of the air before the pilot will light. Without seeing your setup it's hard to give specific directions but someone with your model trailer will probably chime in directly.....

2011 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel
2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlite 831 FKBSS
Fleet of Canoes and one Kayak
So Many Rivers so Little Time!
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
hey thanks....for the info ,my battery checks charged,but no lights will work, maybe the owner switched the bulbs ,maybe they are the wrong kind,also will water pump work with the battery..i m going to my nearest camper store maybe they will have more info ,,the prev owner had little knowledge with this camper...i got manuals but they tell very little...again thx for all
Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
First, are you getting any power when on 12 volts?

If there is a dummy light on the converter, check to see if its lit to see if you have any power to the camper when on batteries (The area below my fridge where the converter and fuses are has a light that will always be lit when powered by batteries or AC).

Assuming that is lit while on batteries and still no lights, I would check fuses and then your light fixtures (with a multimeter) for current, and then the bulbs. Unlikely that all of the bulbs are bad but who knows.

Your water pump will work on battery.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
hello..thx all for the help..but the connections wasnt tight enough on battery post,,,again thx
Old 07-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by encartaman1965 View Post
hello..thx all for the help..but the connections wasn't tight enough on battery post,,,again thx
Sometimes the simplest thing...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

12 volt