Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #11

I had posted on this forum I think under the "appliance and electronics" section as to what I found when I started looking at how the A/C ducts are sealed but were not sealed. When I checked the ends of the ducting I found that they were open on each end of the camper. This was cooled A/C air just going into the attic area. The A/C unit itself had been taped off poorly from the factory. I used a heavy duty 4" wide aluminum foil type tape I bought form an industrial supply business. There is definitely an increase in air coming from the A/C unit now.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
I had posted on this forum I think under the "appliance and electronics" section as to what I found when I started looking at how the A/C ducts are sealed but were not sealed. When I checked the ends of the ducting I found that they were open on each end of the camper. This was cooled A/C air just going into the attic area. The A/C unit itself had been taped off poorly from the factory. I used a heavy duty 4" wide aluminum foil type tape I bought form an industrial supply business. There is definitely an increase in air coming from the A/C unit now.
How did you see far enough to the ends to know it was open? I'm not sure I can see that far on mine.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Old 09-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #13

I didn't look in them, sorry. I used a tool electrician's use called a "fishing rod". It's a flexible fiberglass rod maybe 3/8" diameter. I slid it into the duct work to find the end of the duct work. The rod went into the duct work a distance close to the distance from the register to the front and back walls respectively. I then used the type of pipe insulation that is round and black. I cut a piece a bit longer than the width of the duct, then sort of mashed it to fit the height of the duct and pushed it in maybe 2-3 inches. I believe that the ends of the duct were open and my cooled air was going out into the attic.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #14

I'm going to have to do that on both ends. Appreciate the explanation.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk