Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Hydraulic leak, Equalizer Lift

Right Rear lift, "Retract" hose, per color code. Snugged up the nut, no help.

Rig: 2014 Berkshire 390RB-60

Q1: Anyone have a best guess what sort of seal there is inside that fitting? O-Ring, etc?

Q2: Since it's obviously not well seated, any harm in pulling it loose and trying to reseat? I can get an O-ring down the street, anything else I might as well get the rig there.

Q3: Any danger of that lift dropping when I drive it for service?

Q4: My dealer is 2 hrs away and a reputable hydraulics shop is 30mins away. Contact Forest River about warranty, then get it done local if they say I have to drive it to dealer? Repair should be cheaper than 3-4 hrs of diesel plus my time...

New to all the protocol of getting a new rig worked on. Cadillac fixed everything, Chevy never broke. Thanks in advance,

PS: If I understand correctly, I should have a year of coach-net, but haven't received cards in the mail yet.

2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Roadmaster Falcon A/T tow bar
Gottawonder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS
We never got a coach net card. Would just call coach net and see if your dealer registered you and have them figure out what to do. Have you called your dealer? What we have seen from dealers they often don't know what they are doing when it comes to the Cummins engine, frightliner chassis etc. Your best bet is a hydraulics shop vs an rv dealer. Just my 2 worth. contact at FR for Berkshires is Randy Houser.
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is online now   Reply With Quote

equalizer, hydraulic, leak