Old 01-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #11
Thanks for the reply Jim!

That gives me hope at repairing it. We had to leave and come back home for the night. To strong in there. I will cut it open tomorrow. I didn't notice wood under there. I saw metal framing. Of course I was using a flash light so I'll check closer tomorrow. Do they all mostly have wood down there that I can staple too? What type insulation did you install? Was it the exact type that was in there or typical paper backed insulation? Thank you very much for your help!!

fishinspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #12
If it's any thing like what I've work on before you'll find it's a big wooden box set on a metal frame. You should find the wooden frame work under the underbelly fabric. Floor and frame are built first stuffed with insulation covered with membrane, flipped and set on metal frame. My membrane and insolation was pinched between metal frame and wooden floor frame. As for insulation mine was regular paper backed like you find at Lowes or Home Depot. But you won't be able to get it in exactly like it was because of the way it was originally built. It took 5 weeks for my floor and wooden frame work to dry out. I used a moisture meter, Moisture Test Meter at Menards to keep tabs on dryness of wood. Of course that was in middle of a humid summer. You don't want to cover wet or damp wood because mold and mildew will form. It's not hard but time consuming work and allot of time on your back. At times you just have to be inventive.

jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
In my 31 FT Wildwood that flooded as mentioned below I slit open the membrane in multiple locations and let it drain. I also let left the multiple slits open to air out for a couple of weeks. I had no insulation between my membrane and the floor. Which probably explains my frozen pipes ... depending on the type of trailer you have ... my red and blue water lines are running external to the membrane along the metal frame (also explains the frozen water lines) tucked on the backside of the frame and they also enter the membrane to get the bathroom, etc So I would look along the side of your metal frame (on the inside) and the leak is probably one of the cross lines inside the membrane running to a fixture or the intake. One side of my RV has blue/red plastic lines for water and the other long frame has the metal gas line. So I would make initially about 9 inch slits in the membrane, let the water drain, then look with a flashlight and stick you hand in there. I had to get special tape from an RV dealer to re-tape the slits ... worked great. Any well stocked RV dealer will have it and it as relatively cheap. The wood floor has held up and was only flooded for a couple of hours .... the water ran across the vinyl floor and down into the underbelly to pool in the membrane. Goodluck
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #14
Excellent responses. Thank you very much!
I went up today and got started on the membrane. I cut it open and it did have the wood 2x4's and the insulation. The bottom of the insulation was soaked in a lot of areas. I ended up opening up several sections of membrane and removing all the wet insulation. Luckily none of the ply wood flooring was wet and only the bottom 1/4" or so of the 2x4 framing was wet. I did not find any broken hoses or fittings. I searched from where the water comes in the trailer all through the trailer and no leaks. Checked the water heater and no leaks either that I could see. I reattached the hose and turned on the water and now no water is coming out of any fixtures! I have good pressure coming in through the water hose but no water. I left it on for several minutes in case it needed to fill the water heater tank back up. Nothing. Looked under the trailer since all the membrane and insulation is opened up and didn't see any water leaking anywhere. Didn't hear any air trying to push through the fixtures. I disconnected the hose from the trailer and checked the screen on the inlet connection to see if it was blocked. Looked fine. I removed the screen and saw a spring and plastic post that I'm assuming is a check valve. The post was pushed in but I was able to pull it back out so it wasn't stuck. I reattached the hose with the screen and spring left out and still no water. I'm at a loss. Is that actually a check valve? Should I try changing that out? What else could it be???

Thanks so much for the help. I'm getting closer. I've had three neck surgeries in the past so my neck is on fire tonight but I have to get this thing fixed so my family will go back to the camp again :-)
fishinspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #15
Disney camper
I Flooded My Trailer ... Need Advice Please

I too had water on the floor when we woke up one morning at Disney. I was new to the TT and had low water pressure, so I turned the pump on to assist and left it on all night. The fresh water tank had over flowed into the camper. Still don't know how that could have happened. I've had no more issues after learning not to run the pump with the city water on.

camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote