Originally Posted by Jrljd
WM, Just saw that. We are at a friends home and there is a big red and black extension cord we are plugged into that plugs into the house. It is a heavy duty extension cord but it is pretty long 50FT?
Should I then just work on sealing all of the leaks and give it time to dry out?
Take a glance at the article link I just posted. Yes, 50 foot is most likely going to be too long and probably the wrong gauge..... but you stated you are on a 20 amp circuit, so there's not 30 amps being used on this cord.
You may have burned something up in this cord. Did you use this same cord to hook to the generator you mentioned?