Old 06-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
I would suggest going over the roof with the dicor lap sealant and seal it good.

Check around the antenna cord that goes into the roof - that is where I had my first and only leak. After that I sealed the roof and haven't had an issue since.

Also might be a good idea to get one of those devices that checks the voltage at the pole before you plug your camper into it.
I always check the pole to make sure it is ok prior to plugging in and i turn the power off (breaker) at the pole before plugging my cord in.

To your power problem - you could always disconnect the 110 coming into the trailer and disconnect the battery and then pull the power center out and check the fan - have heard that if the fan doesn't cool the power center it will draw more and could cause an issue like stated - just a thought to check is all
Not sure how you would check you fan other than seeing if its running when plugged into shore power. But your right if something is wrong it could draw more power than normal. My old power center drew about 3 amps with nothing on although it was probably charging the TT battery. If you try your AC again on 20 amp circuit make sure nothing else is on on your camper. ( stereo,lights,fridge,water heater) also try using Your ac on low.

Leecountry is offline   Reply With Quote