Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

I screwed up when backing into site - roller tube and fabric

I was backing my Class C Forester at Cape May KOA site and a tree limb pushed in our Awning Roller Tube. It was the trees fault, not mine. Only the 16' roller tube and fabric needs to be replaced. Motor and awning arms are fine.

Was quoted $1,450 to replace just the roller tube and fabric. Sounds way too much when the parts are available for ~$525 on the internet. I have no experience doing that work and don't trust myself to do it right. Any suggestions?
drysz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #2

So, if you're not willing to do it yourself, you only have one choice.... pay someone else to do it.

If you don't think $1450 is fair, then consider calling a mobile tech for another estimate.

Shop around for the best price. Also understand that whoever you hire to do the work, is going to mark up the price on parts as well.

Mike
Old 05-30-2019, 09:36 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Labor is typically half or more of a repair bill so your quote isn't that far off.

If you are unable to do the work, your only option is to shop around for the best price.

Do you have insurance?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote