Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #1

Installed Winegard Wingman

I just went to Dick Gore's RV world where I purchased my camper, and bought the Winegard Wingman DTV improver. VERY easy install, the hardest thing is the climb onto the roof! ALSO ordered the A&E Dometic Power Awning FREE FIX kit. I called Dometic, and they said I needed the model and serial# off of the sticker on the control arm. (inside edge-front arm). They also said the dealer had to order it for you, and it's free, so I provided them with the info, and hopefully it'll come in soon. I will update on the fix and the wingman results. Randy

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #2

Picked up the awning improvement kit today- friday, only 2 days! Just finished the install... pretty easy, although you will need a second person to hold the awning arm up while installing the parts. A&E should have thought of this in the first place!! If you have a power awning, this fix is a "MUST HAVE!!") AND the best thing is, it's FREE!! My dealer said for them to install it, it would be 50.00. Now it tilts down on one end and locks in place for rain, then just loosen the twist knob, and it automatically returns to the original position. Then tighten the knob, and roll up as usual. GREAT FIX. Randy

Old 04-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Did you note any improvement after installing the Wingman?

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
Randy ... I had mine installed back in Feb by dealer. They did the install for $10 since I told them about the fix. They made up the revenue from other customers. One thing to watch for is opening the door with awning tilted. It will drag if it is tilted to much. If it raining that much, I plan on using the front door since there is more protection from rain. I also bought a set of Awning Happy Hooks to hold the awning tight for windy days. All of this worked great during our March 2 - 5 trip.

On the flagstaff/rockwood forum, WV installed the new arm on the power wire side. He had to notch the new arm tube to prevent a wire but it worked the same. He has a RLS also.

David

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #5

I considered installing it on the power wire side, but really how often are you A;camping in the rain, or B; gonna go outside while it's raining. So I opted for the rear install. Oh, and by the way I found that the v-lite slide out fuses are located under the frame at the front in 2 green water resistant holders- 30amp. I blew one trying to hook up a 12v plug in by the slide control rocker switch in the front compartment. Randy
Old 04-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #6

Location: about 65 miles SE of Buffalo & 70 miles SW of Rochester NY
Question Wingman any Improvement?

Am glad to hear you are happy with your awning "fix".
Am very anxious to hear if you see any real difference with the wingman though?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #7

Wingman

I bought mine on Tuesday and installed it the same day. I live about an hour North of Boston off I-95 and my local (statewide and only NH station) WMUR is about 40 miles away from me in Manchester,NH. I couldn't really pick it up clear as my trailer is parked near some trees and buildings But I did notice that the analog picture was better. The digital stations out of the Boston area are coming in great. When I looked at it I thought what a piece of junk,but after seeing what it does especially for short money I'm a believer. Now if only we could get them to make a radio system to fit in the cutout for the Concertones. I bet it would be a good one!