Interesting Brake Issue with my Flat Deck
Although I found this on my flat deck, I think it is probably something everyone should look at. I have been having trouble over the winter getting a connection to my brake controller for the trailer brakes and today well it was near impossible. So off to the quonset we went and cleaned the plug and recepticale on the trailer and truck, still no good. So I took the trailer plug apart and everyone of the wires was loose in the plug and took at least 2 turns with a screwdriver to tighten them. Did a check and everything worked. I also noticed on the way to get water that the trailer braked much harder than it had been lately and so I could back off the brake bias somewhat on the controller.
After seeing this first hand it is going to be part of my preseason check list for the RV and fall check list for the flat deck as it is quite obvious this is something that will reoccur over time.