Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #1

Interior Wall Loose

I have a 2009 Flagstaff 831FKBSS. The interior wall between the bathroom and bedroom has come loose from the ceiling allowing some flapping movement. This wall supports the door between the bathroom and bedroom.

How do I go about tightening this wall back to the ceiling permanently?
2Macs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

That sounds abit like what happend to our V-Lite except our wall did not move around but it was seperated from the ceiling. While in Goshen at the FROG rally, the Rockwood/Flagstaff head service guy looked at it and said it happens because of walking on the roof. They took all the trim off and put shims between the top of the wall and the ceiling and refastened the wall up through the shims and reinstalled the trim pieces. I have been on the roof 4 or 5 times since and have not seen it happen again. The guy said when fixed this way it should not happen again but we will see over time.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #3

I would take the existing trim off and use fairly thin screws to reattach the wall to the roof. There "should" be a top plate on the wall, maybe a 1x2., that you can screw through at a 45 degree angle. Screwing from both sides will give you lots of support in both directions. As the underside of the roof is probably only thin luan, you have to be careful to not strip the screws in that "wood".
Hopefully you can get the trim off without damage.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
I would take the existing trim off and use fairly thin screws to reattach the wall to the roof. There "should" be a top plate on the wall, maybe a 1x2., that you can screw through at a 45 degree angle. Screwing from both sides will give you lots of support in both directions. As the underside of the roof is probably only thin luan, you have to be careful to not strip the screws in that "wood".
Hopefully you can get the trim off without damage.
The guy from Rockwood mentioned that as an option but said that way would end up the same as before as soon as the roof was walked on again.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote