Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Internal satellite wiring and bedroom tv

In our new 36RE Cedar Creek we are searching for a way to get satellite tv signals to the bedroom. Since we use an external, not roof mount, dish the internal marked satellite dish hookup is not hot when you hook up to the side of the rv. We have tried to back feed into the marked satellite dish hookup but were not sucessful. I have been told that the only tv that will work with my setup is the living room. Help

Dakota C Creek

Dakota C Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
On my TT, I have one connector for SAT (Antenna) and one for Cable on the outside of the camper. The outside SAT connection comes to the entertainment cabinet in the living room where it is just a coax connection on the wall. This setup only allows one satellite receiver (IRD) to be used. Your choices are to add another connection and coax from the outside of the camper (can't split the feed coax) or install an IRD with a RF (radio frequency) remote. Come off the RF/TV out of the IRD, use an AB switch, and connect it to your cable distribution (Cable (A) and SAT (B) of the AB switch). This will allow you to change channels from the bedroom or outside. The downfall is that in this setup everyone would have to watch the same thing. There are other ways to do it, but get far more technical and hard to explain. If you know someone that is real savoy with Audio Video, perhaps a modulator would work. It all depends on how you watch TV, watch the same thing, or 2 TVs watching different things. I hope that might help. I was an Audio Video Tech, I didn't just play one on TV!

Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
Head Rambler
Kirk has the simplest scenario. But you say that when you hook the dish up to the outside "sat" connector it doesn't transmit to the inside "sat" connector. If that's correct then it sounds like you have a wiring problem.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
Satellite hookup

Thanks for your replies. My dish net work installer has looked at it and we may have a solution. Just to clarify the outside sat hookup does work in the living room since there is an alt/sat port. The other sat port is for the roof mount dish etc. that is obviously not hot. We will let you all know how it goes. Kirk we did have an AB switch in our old unit and that was the answer. Dakota C Creek
Dakota C Creek is offline   Reply With Quote