Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
I-pad !!

I'm not getting an iPad...period
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #22

I LOVE my iPad. Who really needs a stand-alone computer anymore? I have a Blackberry, an iPad, a Netbook and a wireless printer. I jettisoned the huge boat anchor CPU a few months ago.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #23

My wife and I both use Rooted Android phones. One on Sprint and the other on Verizon. We very seldom hit a dead zone. Rooting your phone is free and definitely the way to go. No additional charge for "hot spot service". Not for the novice, and frowned upon by some. But, if you are interested you can choose a phone then do a google search for that phone on how to root it before you buy. There are many phones which are very easy to root. Apps like Barnacle and Wireless Tether are free, keep track of your usage, battery temp., restrict access, and work flawlessly. I do tend to use my Sprint phone over the Verizon, as the data limits are higher, and Sprint has a flat rate up to 5 gigs. We have never hit our data limit........and we are heavy users, (video and movie downloads will hurt). You have to be careful with Verizon and AT&T as they charge much higher rates for data. We wirelessly connect our laptop, kids Ipods, DS's , printer, and Ipad.
GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote