Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #1

Jack Knife Sofa for HappiJac bed lift system?

We have a 2016 Puma Unleashed 351 THSS toy hauler with the HappiJac bed lift system in the garage area. It is currently equipped with 2 queen beds that drop down from the ceiling. We really want to ditch the bottom queen bed and add a jack knife sofa or is it called a roll over sofa? that works on our happijac lift system.

Is there such a thing? Can I buy such a thing?

I have seen this set up in other toy haulers, but can't seem to get a straight answer other than to trade toy haulers.... (did that twice last year, I am done buying toy haulers for a minute........... LOL)
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #2

If you do some hunting around on google you can find some (not much) info on this. I don't remember why I was hunting for it, but I was. Few people have made the switch after the fact. Lippert/Happijack are supposedly very difficult to get the parts from, and if you can get them, they prefer arms and a few legs.

Happijack would the place to call about it. We ordered our trailer and did want the sofas initially, until I found out the bed system was $1300, and the sofas were another $1300 on top of that. Didn't like them that much! IIRC the guys who did manage to put it together were coming in around $2K after the fact.
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:21 AM   #3

the jack knife sofas on the happi jack lifts are built by the rv manufacturer. I would go back to them if it was a option the dealer should be able to order it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:55 PM   #4

For Sale --- Rollover bench seat(s)/bed from Happijac motorized wall mount frame - removed from XLR toyhauler. Good shape. $250. Tucson, AZ
gbade49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #5

Just saw yr post on the happi jac bed... I know i'm a little late to the party here, but any chance this is still available??? I've been looking for this set up and i'm willing to make the drive to get it. Thanks in advance for your time.
Jdp241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:03 AM   #6

Happijac cushions

I do still have them --- that is the 2 cushions complete with brackets that attach to the chain frame but does not include that wall frame. I have a bed I built that uses the frame for raising and lowering so I will keep that part of the setup.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:31 AM   #7

Thanks for the response! I'm new to this forum, not exactly sure how to private message/direct message, but I'm interested. Can we private message? I'll send my contact info, would love to get more details. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #8

Hello Gbade49. I tried private messaging, but didn't seem to have any luck. Again, i'm new to thi sforum, so maybe i'm going about it wrong??? Any suggestions?
Old 10-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #9

Return message

Things can get confusing [badeg@hotmail.com]
Old 10-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #10

Thanks! Just sent contact info over to you.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #11

FOR SALE: Happijac Sofas (Dark Grey)

Great condition, never really used them.

Selling sofas only (not mounting brackets) so these would be great for someone trying to replace already existing sofas.

I’m keeping the frame and mounting arms to build desks on, so don’t need the sofas.

Sofas roll over to make queen bed.

I’m in Lakeland, FL area. Contact me if you are interested.
MABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwilliams101 View Post
We have a 2016 Puma Unleashed 351 THSS toy hauler with the HappiJac bed lift system in the garage area. It is currently equipped with 2 queen beds that drop down from the ceiling. We really want to ditch the bottom queen bed and add a jack knife sofa or is it called a roll over sofa? that works on our happijac lift system.

Is there such a thing? Can I buy such a thing?

I have seen this set up in other toy haulers, but can't seem to get a straight answer other than to trade toy haulers.... (did that twice last year, I am done buying toy haulers for a minute........... LOL)
Howdy! I jave a 298fqu puma same set up. we enjoy it but never have used the beds. We haul a can am spyder in it. So!!. Read my post under tips and tricks on left jack access. Check the bolts on cross shaft for leg lift. Mine fell out at lake mead and had to jack up trailer to put on truck.The bolts weren't long enough to bite the self locking nuts. $1.00 fix at home. The grease zerts are behind that plate you grind off.Only way to access jack with gen box .
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #13

UPDATE: The HappiJac couches I listed previously are SOLD. Happy travels everyone!
MABS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed