Old 10-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #1

Just another warrantee service thread

Thought I learned enough from these forums to NOT let the dealer do warrantee repairs. But, I really like the dealer and they are so close. Our problem started at the pdi. (the 7 hour pdi). During their predelivery inspection (mind you its been on the lot for 3 months) they found the auto gas valve was broken (switched it out with a manual one before we got there and no one was going to tell us). We found that the key didn't work the door. OK, this was 9/6. They called us 5 weeks later to ask us when can they come pick up the camper. We said the only trip we had was Columbus weekend and were in the middle of packing. We'd drop it off on the way home from camping. While camping we noticed that the kitchen slide oven door hits the island and left a mark. So, mistake number one, when I dropped it off I said I'd do the work to move the island but if they could warrantee the cabinet door that would be great. They said, they'd take care of it "no problem". Mistake number two, we were just camping and the fridge had frozen stuff along with cold stuff. I told them to please leave the fridge on. "No problem". Called them this week and they said it was ready. I went down this morning. After another key lock story they move the camper to their parking lot for me to pick up. I want to check out the warrantee work first before hooking up. So I pull the cover off the bottles, new auto gas valve. gr8. I go inside and the battery kill switch is off...hmm. I slide out the slide and the cabinet looks worse. They tried to re-stain the door. But since it was rubbing on the oven door the rubbed part had polished itself (wouldn't take the stain). The edges would. So they highlighted the mark. I went inside. And they said they fixed the door and moved the stove in so it wouldn't rub. They said "there were extra pieces of wood that weren't needed). I brought the person who did the work out to the parking lot. He was armed with another bottle of stain and furniture crayons. I then looked at the stove. Attached pics. Oh my god. What a screw up..and I didn't say 'screw' to him. The stove no longer was flush with the cabinet, it was leaning back on an angle. The trim pieces are missing. He said "look we did a good job",.."and that's the way its supposed to look". I told him that if he can show me another new trailer that looks like that I would drive away. We walked into the lot and looked at two trailers (first one convinced me, but he had to double check). I said look how nice and neat and finished this looks compared to the hack job that was done on mine. I said all that was needed was to move the island 1/2 inch. He said they couldn't because the opposing slide would hit. I said lets go look. Well, there's 4 inches of room on the other side. He then said he was so-o-o sorry, he would make it right and I can pick it up on Tuesday. So I called DW and said what do we need to get out of the fridge She said she really couldn't think of anything as long as its been running. A couple of items from the bathroom. When I went into the bathroom I saw a water trail going across the floor. Oh no, a month old and I have a roof leak? I opened the fridge and everything was cold. I opened the freezer and everything was thawed. So, it hadn't been left on. The water was the bag of ice and other items that melted. I went back inside. But this time it was for a trash bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3664.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	65312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3665.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	65313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3666.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	65314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG3663.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	65315  

Old 10-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #2

Even though the dealer is supposed to do the warranty work, I will agree that they don't seem to know what they are doing. As for the refrigerator issue? Bad on you. There is no way I would have left food in the fridge and relied on someone else to keep it cold. I would not expect that to be within the scope of warranty work.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #3

I'm thinking it's the so called techs... When I went to pick up my unit..Sales man tells me they have there best guy prepping the coach and giving me the PDI...I met the so called master tech.. ( what his name tag stated).. After about 20minutes I knew he wasn't someone I wanted working on my unit... Since I have been around MH before I knew more about the unit ( that I had never seen) than he did... When I questioned him how long he's been doing this..His reply was that he and his assistant (another tech)are professional singers and handed me a flyer to go see them... When I inquired what made him a master tech... He said "its the shirt they gave me when I started working here last month"..I started to laugh .. that when he smiled and said "I'm handy guy"..... I just smiled and handed him a tip.....

I have found a few minor issues on my coach .. But just fixed them myself.. Wasn't worth the time or aggravation of trying to find someone to fix it correctly... I guess If I come across any major Issues I will try to take it back to the factory..
Old 10-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Even though the dealer is supposed to do the warranty work, I will agree that they don't seem to know what they are doing. As for the refrigerator issue? Bad on you. There is no way I would have left food in the fridge and relied on someone else to keep it cold. I would not expect that to be within the scope of warranty work.
Absolutely. That's why these were my mistakes. They actually said they would pick the camper up to do the warrantee work and drop it off. I thought I was doing them the favor. So glad that I didn't let them do it. They would probably would have dropped it off and I would have had to fix their mess and still do the warrantee work.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #5

Yup--- very unfortunate that good quality RV repair is very hard to find. Had a limb do some damage to my roof about 3 months after I bought my new Roo. Dealer said a new roof was in order for the small 3" tear. I figured great, a whole brand new roof and insurance would pay. Now instead of one leak I had three more. 2 years still leaking, small claims court, etc etc. I would bet they never had replaced a roof before. One horrible experience.
wharfrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service