Old 04-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #1

laminate flooring??

We just got our 03 flagstaff last week, but I realy hate the green carpets, I'm thinking of ripping that out and replace it with laminate flooring, I would do the slide at the same time.
Has any one else done this? Does the slide still slide in properly without scratching up the new flooring?

Menno.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
Kev

I did our 94 Companion with a laminate that had a foam underlay attached to the flooring. The one problem that I had is that I cut it too tight and it squeaked against the cabinetry, even with a silicone bead against it to prevent water and etc from getting underneath.

Super easy to clean up, and looked fantastic. We didnt have a slide so not sure how that would work out.

Kevin

Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #3

How much flooring did you purchase and use? I'm trying to get a rough idea for my 27' that doesn't have any slides. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
Kev

The best way to do it would be to figure it out in smaller areas, like the area under your table would be 2 foot by 4 foot which would be 8 sq feet. Then move on and then when you have your sq footage add a box just to be safe. Maybe buy from a place like Home Depot or Costco where if you have extra it isnt a problem to return it. Be careful about buying the last few boxes that a store has in stock as if you need more you may be out of luck.

Good luck.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #5

thanks, i'm looking forward to getting started
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #6

I would suggest checking out vinyl plank "laminate" flooring. I just installed some in our TT. I'm thrilled with the product and results. It's only about 1/8" thick so it doesn't interfere much with door sills, cabinet doors, etc. It clicks together like regular laminate and cuts easily using a chop saw and table saw. Super easy to install overall.

The biggest problem I had is that trailers aren't really built that well and not much is straight, plumb, square and level. I had to scribe a lot of the perimeter pieces to maintain an even 1/8" gap around.

The brand we used is called Aquaproof and it's fairly new on the market so I don't know how easy it is to find. The best thing is that it is 100% waterproof so you don't have to worry about wet dogs and spills. For those who might consider the vynil stuff, check out reviews on the 'net. I read a lot of negative comments about the Home Depot product.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #7

Thanks for the great replies! do any of you have pictures of the finished product??
Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #8

Here's a few before and after pix of the installation I just finished. The 60/70s kitchen reno look is gone and now it looks and feels like a high end unit. Not sure why so many manufacturers go with the same-ish looking lino pattern, especially when there are so many choices in sheet flooring that include laminate-looking ones.

I neglected to mention previously that the vinyl laminate I used is an interlocking type and not the type that gets glued down/together. I can't praise the product we bought enough and I would not hestitate to use it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	10756   Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	10757   Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	130