Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 446
Landing leg bevel gear rebuild kit

Recently started a post about my landing gear on my 5th wheel. I was thinking it was just the gear box and to those that responded to that, thank you. I had trouble tracking down the build ( components) of my camper. I stayed with the dealer only to be given a number to Forest River in Indiana. They gave me a number to a place in California. Once I got ahold of the person there, he gave me another number somewhere else. He did say my landing gear is lippert. I bought a new gear box and bevel gear rebuild kits for both legs. Got the parts today but the gears are different. The twelve tooth smaller gear doesn't have the snap ring groove around the base of the outer diameter to cover the pin and hold in place. The new bigger 16 tooth gear has a 1/2" diameter hole through the center but the old gear has a bigger through hole. Anyone know which manufacturer made these?
__________________

__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
Recently started a post about my landing gear on my 5th wheel. I was thinking it was just the gear box and to those that responded to that, thank you. I had trouble tracking down the build ( components) of my camper. I stayed with the dealer only to be given a number to Forest River in Indiana. They gave me a number to a place in California. Once I got ahold of the person there, he gave me another number somewhere else. He did say my landing gear is lippert. I bought a new gear box and bevel gear rebuild kits for both legs. Got the parts today but the gears are different. The twelve tooth smaller gear doesn't have the snap ring groove around the base of the outer diameter to cover the pin and hold in place. The new bigger 16 tooth gear has a 1/2" diameter hole through the center but the old gear has a bigger through hole. Anyone know which manufacturer made these?
Did you ever find the correct bevel gears for your leveler legs? I have the same one with a ring clip that holds the pin in ..
__________________

__________________
coleru59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleru59 View Post
Did you ever find the correct bevel gears for your leveler legs? I have the same one with a ring clip that holds the pin in ..
No. I gave up and purchased the Bulldog dual motor landing gear from Etrailer.com. Researching gave me a lot of insight and everyone that offered an opinion suggested that given the size of my 5th wheel, that I needed a dual motor system.
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleru59 View Post
Did you ever find the correct bevel gears for your leveler legs? I have the same one with a ring clip that holds the pin in ..
Are the gears stamped with any type of markings? Regardless of who builds the landing gear or assembles the gear boxes, chances are they don't machine the gears.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 446
Mine didn't have anything stamped on them. Lippert told me that there should be something stamped on the landing leg casing as well. I could never find it. I looked at the cap as suggested by a few but could not find anything there as well. The gears that I purchased, I made work. It was a temporary fix as the landing gear struggled to lift the coach. I have yet to install the dual motor legs but will try to do it soon.
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
I can't find any stampings anywhere to identify.. attached a pic of the bevel gear..
Attached Images
 
__________________
coleru59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
brookstone345sa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wilmington, De
Posts: 102
Don't know if it's the same as mine. I just replaced my landing gear box and it is Lippert, However it's actually made by Venture. I found my replacement on Amazon, around $40
__________________
brookstone345sa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks Brookstone, I just ordered the one you are referring to hoping its right!
__________________
coleru59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
brookstone345sa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wilmington, De
Posts: 102
Check the gear box right where motor attaches, That's where I found the Venture stamping
__________________
brookstone345sa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleru59 View Post
I can't find any stampings anywhere to identify.. attached a pic of the bevel gear..
That is how mine looked. I spoke to the people at Venture (here in Dayton, Ohio) but because I'm local they said I had to go through an RV dealer. I figured if the original equipment struggled and eventually failed then I didn't want to do the same thing. Besides, to much unnecessary time spent wasted looking for replacement parts. I plan on having my unit for a LONG time. So, an upgrade for me was the solution.
__________________

__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.