Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 05:49 AM   #1

Leak Repair Advice

New to RVing. Bought a 2012 PrimeTime Tracer 2900bhs this spring and would like to determine how to fix a leak or two.

Leak one: There's a spot on my slide that is delaminating (I can see a 'blister' on the outside). Currently, the 'blister' is about the size of medium water melon (in circumference) and soft/squishy when I push on it. It's located about 8-10" below the kitchen window in the middle of the slide. What's puzzling is that the wall area under the window and above the spot is solid. Also, I looked under the kitchen cupboard (in about the same place where the spot is on the outside) and see some wood discoloration along the bottom of the cupboard. All this leads me to believe there was/is watering getting into the wall from the inside. I think I can track down the leak source, but how do I fix a delamination spot like this (it's basically an island)? It seems I'd have to do damage to fix the damage. Should I just leave it alone?

Leak two: After rain or washing, I see water pooling on the floor inside by the front of the slide and there's discolored wood on the inside bottom of the slide on either side. Obviously water is getting in the sides of the slide. I looked at the seals and some need to be replaced and others needs to be "caulked." I guess my questions for this leak are: (1) what (if anything) should be used to adhere the rubber seal to the body of the RV and (2) what should be used to adhere rubber seal to rubber seal?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
adman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #2

Any pictures? Helps us to visualize damage.
lytlej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #3

I have a couple, but can take more if it's helpful.

First is the blister (hard to get it to show up)

Second is the area inside the cabinet adjacent to the blister; sink is just above (dark panel w/ the light is the right side of the cabinet; light panel is the back of the cabinet)

Last is a pic of rusty screw heads in the same cabinet (a little to the left of the other cabinet picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delam Blister copy.png
Views:	144
Size:	958.7 KB
ID:	115375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Damage copy.png
Views:	147
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	115376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusty Screw Heads copy.png
Views:	101
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	115377  
adman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #4

First is to figure where the leaks are and stop them. Check everywhere. Just because the delamination is under the window doesn't mean that's where the leak is.

New to you so go over all of your roof and look for even pin holes. I like to use Eternabond tape on flat stuff and Dicor self leveling lap sealant on things that are attached. Then the Dicor over that where it is flat against the roof.

The delamination look at www.delamrepair.com
lytlej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, repair