Old 11-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
We have a Toy Hauler we have been using for over 9 years as an office for my wood shop. It has been plugged in the whole time.. NO battery, The refer has also been on that long too. The AC is used all summer and the heater is used all winter........ Don't have water going to it. It has been great as an office. But we did just buy a new Rockwood Roo 23ss and it is unplugged, battery in garage and fully winterized. Tom

gwizpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Looks like the model is WF8955PEC. I googled it and found this site: WFCO WF8955PEC WF-8955-PEC WF-8955PEC Brown 55 Amp RV Trailer Power Center Converter Charger Camper Trailer RV

So it says 3 stage- which means I'm good right? Basically it will only charge the battery as it needs it like the "intelligent charger" that my dealer was trying to sell me?

I suppose the next question; would the battery be happier being on the trailer in -10 F temperatures, or should it be moved into the "cozy" 30-35 degree garage?
A 3 stage charger is good. If you do decide to leave your trailer plugged in, just check the battery level every now and then to be sure. I leave mine plugged in most of the time. I unplug every now and then to let the batteries run down some before plugging it back in to charge them back.....don't know if that helps the batteries or not.

A charged battery should not freeze. It got down to below zero several times last year with no battery problems. An uncharged battery will freeze, so just make sure those puppies keep a good charge.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote