Old 07-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #1

Angry Levelers and slide outs don't work.

I have a 2004 Georgetown XL 31 DS. Came back from errands and the parking brake alarm on the lift panel was chirping and blinking. Parking brake is engaged just fine. I released that and locked it again. Didn't fix problem. I took the panel off (4 screws) and unplugged the wires leading to it and the noise stopped. Plugged it back in no noise now but still won't work. Started engine re-did parking brake, noise and blinking is back and still not functioning levelers. Sides are out and they also will not work. I think it must be a "systems" issue, not the levelers. Batteries are fully charged. I don't know where to look for a fuse or breaker switch. Any ideas my friends?

Petedeboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
PPST Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petedeboer View Post
I have a 2004 Georgetown XL 31 DS. Came back from errands and the parking brake alarm on the lift panel was chirping and blinking. Parking brake is engaged just fine. I released that and locked it again. Didn't fix problem. I took the panel off (4 screws) and unplugged the wires leading to it and the noise stopped. Plugged it back in no noise now but still won't work. Started engine re-did parking brake, noise and blinking is back and still not functioning levelers. Sides are out and they also will not work. I think it must be a "systems" issue, not the levelers. Batteries are fully charged. I don't know where to look for a fuse or breaker switch. Any ideas my friends?
In my Georgetown, the engine needs to be running, parking brake firmly applied to extend or retract my hydraulic jacks.
In my Georgetown, the engine must be OFF, to extend or retract my slides.
The slides use a lot of power from the house batteries, so I typically have the generator running to help, or I am connected to shore power....again to help the house batteries.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Petedeboer,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2004 Georgetown XL. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Nicholas Hoover in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...83684228802691.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out