Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #1

Lift Kit for Roo 2104

I have a 2000 Rockwood 2104 (small but fun). I checked with Forest River and they make a lift kit for about $150. I believe it's a tube type that gives an extra 3 to 4 inch lift, of which I need. Has anyone had experience with this kit??
nchoate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #2

I haven't seen the Tube Type, but I've seen THESE .
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchoate View Post
I have a 2000 Rockwood 2104 (small but fun). I checked with Forest River and they make a lift kit for about $150. I believe it's a tube type that gives an extra 3 to 4 inch lift, of which I need. Has anyone had experience with this kit??

I don't have a Roo, but here is the tube type lift kit that I installed on my Trailmanor. On more recent models, Trailmanor has gone with a 22 1/2 degree dexter axle for the extra factory lift instead of the 0 degree that came on my 2003. The lift kit raised my trailer 2 1/2 inches, with no noticable towing difference. But I don't know how the towing will be on a conventional travel trailer with a higher center of gravity. My Surveyor sits low, but I figure that is what makes it tow sweet. Might want to check with me after a couple of real world dragging situations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift Kit.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1438

Click image for larger version

Name:	After Mount.JPG
Views:	1530
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1439

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
I don't have a Roo, but here is the tube type lift kit that I installed on my Trailmanor. On more recent models, Trailmanor has gone with a 22 1/2 degree dexter axle for the extra factory lift instead of the 0 degree that came on my 2003. The lift kit raised my trailer 2 1/2 inches, with no noticable towing difference. But I don't know how the towing will be on a conventional travel trailer with a higher center of gravity. My Surveyor sits low, but I figure that is what makes it tow sweet. Might want to check with me after a couple of real world dragging situations.

Attachment 1438

Attachment 1439

mtnguy, is it 1/4 thick? If so I have two pieces of the same material, one piece is 2' long and the other is 5' long. It is already primered. I installed a receiver on the bumper of the camper and had to extend the base on our bike rack so I wouldn't have to move the spare tire when we toke the bikes on a camping trip. Is this a lift kit you made or did you buy It?
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #5

Great, thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes!
nchoate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
mtnguy, is it 1/4 thick? If so I have two pieces of the same material, one piece is 2' long and the other is 5' long. It is already primered. I installed a receiver on the bumper of the camper and had to extend the base on our bike rack so I wouldn't have to move the spare tire when we toke the bikes on a camping trip. Is this a lift kit you made or did you buy It?
I don't remember the thickness, but it looked plenty suffient for the job.

I got the kit from the Trailmanor factory. That is what they used on the older units before they started using raised axles from Dexter. Dexter changes the angles on the trailing arms to get the different lifts.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags