Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #1

Lippert Frames

With the RV show coming up this month in Hershey PA, my wife has been searching the internet on RVs and collecting info for the better built rigs. She came across some info on Lippert frames. The Lippert frame was used on the Grand Junction models and are experiencing problems with it's suspension. The Lippert frames are imported, it has been suggusted that the axles be replaced with the new 7,000 lbs Dexter American made trailer axles complete with new springs, axle tubes, brakes, bearings, etc. Any one have any info on this issue?
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
The Lippert frames are imported.
Drew Industries Incorporate (NYSEW), through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Kinro, Inc. and Lippert Components, Inc., produces a broad array of components for recreational vehicles and manufactured homes at facilities across the U.S.

Forest River utilizes Dexter and AL-KO axle/suspension systems. AL-KO has facilities in the US, Germany, Australia, Canada, Great Britain and other locations over seas.

I would have to think the Steel, to manufacture their product, may be imported.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the info....
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #4

FYI, I just found out a little while ago that Lippert makes most of the frames for Forest River Rockwoods, but I don't know about other Forest River products. the axles are supplied by AL-CO on my rig. Just a heads up.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

On the Georgetown series they make the slideout frames as well as the leveler systems. They also make electric entrance steps but I believe that has only happened recently.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote