Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 AM   #1

Lippert Hydraulic Levelers

Just FYI. Took delivery of a new 2011 Georgetown lately and have found a hydraulic leak. Sitting in campground ready to leave when slides wouldn't come in and jacks wouldn't retract. Found that the resevoir was dry. Filled with Hydraulic fluid and slides came in but jacks wouldn/t retract. Had all lights blinking on levelers panel. ie low voltage, jacks down, etc. Nothing in manual about this error. Found a manual on Lipperts home page. To reset the levelers I had to hold down on all four buttons at the same time, front, rear, right and left. This reset the program and I was on my way. Hope this helps someone with a newer coach. By the way this happened on a Sunday. No help anywhere. Thank goodness for the internet.
cwgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #2

Thanks for the information. When we got our Georgetown, we also had a leak in the connections at the tank and manifold. We also had two jacks that needed replacing. Forest River replaced the jacks and I fixed the leak (tightened the fittings). And now leave a folded paper towel in the tank department to watch for leaks. One of our slides also did not come in one time but was able to move it in manually. We found out that our batteries were low and caused a circut breaker to trip. that is located on the frame behind the batteries. there is also a fuse that can go bad on the slides adjacentto the circut breaker in a box mounted on the frame. I talked to the Lipper engineers and they said to keep the tank full (one inch from the top). That way air will not get into the pump and cause problems with the opening of the slides and jacks.
People have bad mouthed Lippert, but they have treated me fairly and stand by their product. You should hear some of the horror stories about electric slides and jacks on expensive diesel pushers.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Hope I never need to put it to use but it's always nice to be prepared.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote