Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #1

Lippert power stabilizer issue..help needed

1 of my 2 power stabilizer jacks retracts but will not extend. The other works fine. Have made mods discussed in other threads. Have checked for power and continuity. As soon as I push the rocker switch to "extend" it blows the fuse. Have auto reset in place. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
campercouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Since you don't give models or pictures, I assume that you don't have the ganged stabilizer, but instead have two separate stabilizers?

Have you tried manually deploying it? If not, try that and see what happens? If so, what was the outcome? Did it work well, or was it hard to turn one direction or the other?
Old 03-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #3

It is the ganged model #113407. I can operate it manually and have been until I recently replaced both front and rear toggle switches that had gone bad. There is no restriction when operated manually either way or any difference between the rear one that works fine and the front one that only retracts.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #4

Switch wired wrong! WAG! Youroo!!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #5

Will check it again.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #6
Site Team

I think Youroo nailed it!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #7

Mine did the opposite of that when it was new (before 1st trip actually!!).. Lippert warrantied the entire unit, but i think it was just the motor... I'd try getting it manually mid-way.. then try power each direction.. fwiw..
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #8

Stabilizer Isse

Do you have the tablet for remote control? If so, try the tablet. I suspect the switch has failed. Mine did after a single use. FR took care of it immediately with an improved version.

Attached is a wiring diagram of the switch/motor circuit. If the motor works in any direction (up/down), the motor is ok as well as the fuse located near the switch (at least on mine it is).
Attached Images

ellioml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #9

THANK YOU youroo! THANK YOU Bama Rambler! THANK YOU ellioml! The switch was wired incorrectly. Only had the 20 amp circuit breaker left to try it after making the changes, but it is working both directions. Will pick up some 20 amp fuses and check it again.

Always use the old saying "when the drinkin' starts, the workin' stops." Must have been somewhere in the middle when I did this job. LOL
Old 03-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #10
Site Team

Glad you got it figured out and then came back and let us know you got it fixed. Thanks

Tags
power