Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Got a reply from John Armstrong and he asked to see pictures of the motorhome from back a ways. I took a couple and it isn't very noticeable that there's a difference. The front is off by 1/2" Driver's side is lower. Rear is off by 2-1/8" Passenger side is lower so it's basically sitting there twisted. I emailed them off so we'll see where it leads.
Did you dump the air on the helper springs before you did that. I would have tilted the camera a bit.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #42
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Did you dump the air on the helper springs before you did that. I would have tilted the camera a bit.
Yes I released all of the air from the air springs then measured at the center of each wheel well. The 1/2" doesn't concern me too much but the 2-1/8" does.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #43

I went and looked at mine at the dealer, yep it has the spacer and sits 1 inch higher on the drivers side, oh well at least they got the snow damage fixed.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #44

Update time!

My spacer was removed today (new U-Bolts installed.. apparently they had to cut the old ones) and I am very happy.

RV drives like a dream compared to having the spacer. Cross winds were no problem.
I can't wait to take her out again!

Also my steps work much better. Many times they wouldn't go all the way down unless I had the levelers engaged. Now it's easy peasy!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSteve View Post
Update time!

My spacer was removed today (new U-Bolts installed.. apparently they had to cut the old ones) and I am very happy.

RV drives like a dream compared to having the spacer. Cross winds were no problem.

Also my steps work much better. Many times they wouldn't go all the way down unless I had the levelers engaged. Now it's easy peasy!

That's great news Steve, glad you got it done. Our first trip without the spacer will be in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing how it drives for a longer distance than just the few miles back from town.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #46

Quote:
That's great news Steve, glad you got it done. Our first trip without the spacer will be in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing how it drives for a longer distance than just the few miles back from town.
My dealer is ~20 miles away. Almost all 60-70MPH highway, with about 2 miles of in town. I also got "lucky" today and we had a good old Okie cross wind. It also seems to stop better.

Almost as easy to drive as my Tahoe, almost...

Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #47
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSteve View Post
Update time!

I received a reply from John Armstrong to have mine removed as well. I just need to set up an appointment. As for the steps not functioning well, we've never had that problem but our door is always tough to open unless the unit is level. It will open and close but you really need to put a little behind into it. Thankfully I have more than just a little to work with. I hope this will solve this issue because when we stop at a rest stop and try to get out I just feel like I'm going to fly out the door from the hard push and then I'll be looking back at the unit once I come to from the fall and cracking my skull.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #48

Quote:
I received a reply from John Armstrong to have mine removed as well. I just need to set up an appointment. As for the steps not functioning well, we've never had that problem but our door is always tough to open unless the unit is level. It will open and close but you really need to put a little behind into it. Thankfully I have more than just a little to work with. I hope this will solve this issue because when we stop at a rest stop and try to get out I just feel like I'm going to fly out the door from the hard push and then I'll be looking back at the unit once I come to from the fall and cracking my skull.
I've notice ours to be a bit tight but not to that extreme. Have you adjusted the strike plate?
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #49
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
I've notice ours to be a bit tight but not to that extreme. Have you adjusted the strike plate?
Once to make it usable. Actually Boat N RV adjusted it first but it was still tight but it was sitting on a perfectly level floor in their repair bays. When I got it home it was actually worse than when I took it up there.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #50

Quote:
Once to make it usable. Actually Boat N RV adjusted it first but it was still tight but it was sitting on a perfectly level floor in their repair bays. When I got it home it was actually worse than when I took it up there.
It's amazing to me to see how much "rack" there is in the structure of our rig. It really does twist like and ice cube tray. We have a catch on the back of our bathroom door that engages a catch on the wall when someone wants privacy in the bathroom, if the rig isn't level the two pieces don't match up. This is my true test of whether the rig is level or not

www.nwjeepn.com