Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #1

Location: North of I-10 & South of I-94, but East of I-5 & West of I-95
Looking for a Plumbing Schematic

Hello All,
Does anybody have a connection to Forest River for acquiring a plumbing schematic for a:
2014 Forest River 360 PDEK?
I tried the dealer where I originally purchased the camper, and they told me they can not even get one.
Thanks
2nd House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good luck, your on your own.
You'll not find a schematic.

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
Site Team

Most likely they do not exist. You best bet is to ask in the Sandpiper section about the specific run you are looking for and someone may have some info based on a repair or mod they have done. Plumbing and electrical runs are not always consistent over time.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #4

Probably why so many RV's coming off line with wrong wiring and plumbing
Old 03-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Probably why so many RV's coming off line with wrong wiring and plumbing
Agreed
Old 03-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #6

I don't think it's wrong, just different. The floor plan dictates where everything goes. Who ever puts in the plumbing just connects everything the way they like. As long as it works who cares how exactly the plumbing or electrical wires for that matter are routed.
beachcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #7

Because it makes it much easier to troubleshoot from an engineering document before dismantling
Old 03-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #8

What is a schematic? The schematic show's a tank, a pump, a holding tank ( hot water heater), accumulator and a valve. It will also show connections between each component. But the schematic will not show the line routing i.e. line drawing of piping/ tubing. In some industries this is not a requirement for manufacturing especially if PEX tubing is being used. I also think a schematic would be useless to most individuals as they would not understand the international symbol for most components that are used in a schematic drawing.
Do you have a wiring diagram and or a water line drawing for your main residents that you live in?

From a retired hydraulic engineer.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcamper View Post
I don't think it's wrong, just different. The floor plan dictates where everything goes. Who ever puts in the plumbing just connects everything the way they like. As long as it works who cares how exactly the plumbing or electrical wires for that matter are routed.
In my case it was flat-out wrong. I had to rewire the AC thermostat and several other things that were installed. IMO, You have a schematic if you're going to expect consistent results. That's pretty basic in anything assemled. Maybe that's why people are finding sewer vents running to AC duct work etc etc
Old 03-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #10
Pickin', Campin', Mason

No, a schematic may not indicate the exact location of a plumbing line or wire (IE: 1-1/2" from wall "A") but they sure do tell you a lot about what makes up those lines/connections. Knowing whether a particular run is a home run or has feeders off it would be huge knowledge to have when troubleshooting a problem.

I've been following the OP's original post about his problem and a schematic would be tremendously helpful for what he is trying to solve.

EDIT: we once owned a modular home that we were provided with schematics for all the HVAC, plumbing, and wiring. They do exist.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:01 PM   #11

Yes I do have one for my house, of course I built it myself.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
No, a schematic may not indicate the exact location of a plumbing line or wire (IE: 1-1/2" from wall "A") but they sure do tell you a lot about what makes up those lines/connections. Knowing whether a particular run is a home run or has feeders off it would be huge knowledge to have when troubleshooting a problem.

I've been following the OP's original post about his problem and a schematic would be tremendously helpful for what he is trying to solve.

EDIT: we once owned a modular home that we were provided with schematics for all the HVAC, plumbing, and wiring. They do exist.
Absolutely, IMO each model should have a design showing electrical schematic and plumbing. Turning workers loose on an assembly line and saying just put it where you want is not efficient and would explain why there's so many issues.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #13
CDR USN Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
What is a schematic? The schematic show's a tank, a pump, a holding tank ( hot water heater), accumulator and a valve. It will also show connections between each component. But the schematic will not show the line routing i.e. line drawing of piping/ tubing. In some industries this is not a requirement for manufacturing especially if PEX tubing is being used. I also think a schematic would be useless to most individuals as they would not understand the international symbol for most components that are used in a schematic drawing.
Do you have a wiring diagram and or a water line drawing for your main residents that you live in?

From a retired hydraulic engineer.

No, but my home was wired to codes (requires all connections to be in boxes, and these connections to be accessible, etc.) NFPA 1192 falls far short of a true code document. RVs, being relatively non-standard, are far more like a commercial building - and "as-built" drawings are very common in that environment.

My plumbing in the home did not include black/grey/fresh water tanks with concealed dump valves, level indicators, tank vents, tank overflows, flush devices, anti-siphons hidden in walls, behind medicine cabinets, under lavatories, etc. I knew generally what components were there, and about where the were located, because code specified what and where.

All you've got to do is see the number of RV owners with tank flush valve problems, dump valve problems, hidden coax splitters, circuits with wire nut connections which have fallen off.

As far as understanding symbols - google.

from a retired mechanical contractor.
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #14
CDR USN Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Absolutely, IMO each model should have a design showing electrical schematic and plumbing. Turning workers loose on an assembly line and saying just put it where you want is not efficient and would explain why there's so many issues.
And makes it very difficult for a comprehensive QA check during manufacture.
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #15

RV Manufacturer's have Quality Checks?
Old 03-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #16

It is imposeble to have a Q&A if you dont have a complete detail diagram of each section of the trailer!
The good responseble industries call that the blue print diagram.
Jonol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcamper View Post
I care!!!
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing