Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #1

loses acceleration

This is regarding a post I had going a few weeks ago. I received so much support from many people and I wanted to let you know what we finally heard today. This is the result of having what Ford referred to as a "black box" being installed in the FR3 and the problem occurring 7 times while the data recorder was operating. This gadget was different from the first GEO monitor that was installed. When we finally get the RV back, we'll be road testing it on a trip to Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis, Arkansas. Hopefully, there will be no more issues for awhile anyway. Again, thank all of you who posted on my thread.
Rush Trucking called today and said Ford had notified them that the problem was a bad brake sensor. They said the new one will be in Wednesday. Supposedly, when Ford designed this system, they designed it so that a driver could not keep one foot on the gas and one on the brake (sounds like I can't drive 55 song lyric). They're saying the sensor is shorting out and sending the engine to idle which is what would really happen if someone did the gas/brake thing for real. But because it's screwed up, it is sending the message to the engine to go to idle when it shouldn't.
gfritz1939 is offline   Reply With Quote