Old 12-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #1

low point drain valve - where is it???

I am ready to winterize my Sierra 291RL for the first time. I am a bit confused about the low point drain. On my unit there is a hose which appears to be the drain for the freshwater tank. This hose has a screw on cap which I remove to drain the fresh water tank.

To the left there is another white hose which has no cap - just hose extending out from the 'enclosed underbelly.' I cannot find an obvious valve to open the low point drain.

I did find what I have shown below. Is that the 'valve', which I need to unscrew to allow the low point drain to work? It looks odd to me.

BTW - the hose marked low point valve almost looks like it goes up and into the side of the fresh water tank. I loosened the sides of the underbelly to look, but it is hard to tell for sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
ParTimCmpr

Old 12-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #2

What you have in the picture is the check valve/vacuum breaker for the black water flush line. It keeps the black water from backflowing out the hose port for the tank flush system.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #3

ParTimCampr,

You should find a RED and BLUE line protruding from the under side of the trailer. They will be located next to each other. It's possible the valves will be hidden behind a false wall of floor cover, maybe in a cabinet, directly above the low point drain lines.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #4

On our Sierra they are on road side in front of front axle outside of frame rail next to a support that goes to outside of body.Come thru floor are short and hard to see unless looking for.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
What you have in the picture is the check valve/vacuum breaker for the black water flush line. It keeps the black water from backflowing out the hose port for the tank flush system.
That makes sense.

I will check again today for the low point drains. The white hose without a cap appears to come from the top of the fresh water tank. I suspect it is some type of vent hose.

I ran out of day light yesterday. Maybe I can look at it today before the rains begin.

Thanks,
ParTimCmpr
Old 12-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
Commercial Member

What kind of unit do you have?

Our Wildcat has the low point drains under the sink area, slightly behind the entry steps on the outside of the frame between the frame and skirting.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #7

I have a 2009 Sierra 291RL. It has a sticker on the road side(driver side) just forward of the city water and black flush connections. there is a white hose protruding from the underbelly which appears to be connected to the fresh water tank. I have not found any valves in that area.

I plan to go out during lunch and check all over! This is driving me crazy!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #8

You will need to get under your trailer and crawl all under there until you find two open tubes coming down through the bottom of the trailer. They will be side by side. Mine were well hidden. Once you find them, your low points will be somewhere just above them inside. Again, mine are so well hidden that it is very difficult to get to them. You will likely have to remove some sort of panel or drawer to get to them.

Good luck

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #9

I spoke with the service department at the dealer. He suggested the trailer may not have a low point drain?

Is that reasonable? and if so, why is there a 'low point drain' decal on the side of the trailer? Inquiring minds want to know....

Any 2009 Sierra 291RL owners out there? Your input would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ies/please.gif

Thanks!
ParTimCmpr
Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
You will need to get under your trailer and crawl all under there until you find two open tubes coming down through the bottom of the trailer. They will be side by side. Mine were well hidden. Once you find them, your low points will be somewhere just above them inside. Again, mine are so well hidden that it is very difficult to get to them. You will likely have to remove some sort of panel or drawer to get to them.

Good luck
Crawled and crawled - no luck. I have pulled the panel where the hot water heater is located under the kitchen counter, and the panel where the water pump is located under the bathroom sink. I did not see valves in either location. However, I will give it all another look.

Thanks,
David