Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #1

Angry Magnadyne & Naviextras DISAPPOINTMENT

I have a 2014 Sunseeker with a Magnadyne MC4-LCD radio. I can live with the mediocre radio and audio but about a year ago the navigation system started acting up but resetting the entire radio would solve the problem. Now, it will not work and I get an application error that IGO.EXE encountered a serious error and must shut down. I read other posts and called Mark Jones at Naviextras and he basically said the cards mysteriously crap out for unknown reasons and they only warranty them for 1 year and I had to buy a new card which they will only warranty for 1 year for $75 and $8 shipping. It is the model with the card in the back.
I do not know if there is a solution, but I am just frustrated by this and wanted to VENT!
I plan on buying a separate GPS unit since they do not know what causes this problem.
TSman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSman View Post
I have a 2014 Sunseeker with a Magnadyne MC4-LCD radio. I can live with the mediocre radio and audio but about a year ago the navigation system started acting up but resetting the entire radio would solve the problem. Now, it will not work and I get an application error that IGO.EXE encountered a serious error and must shut down. I read other posts and called Mark Jones at Naviextras and he basically said the cards mysteriously crap out for unknown reasons and they only warranty them for 1 year and I had to buy a new card which they will only warranty for 1 year for $75 and $8 shipping. It is the model with the card in the back.
I do not know if there is a solution, but I am just frustrated by this and wanted to VENT!
I plan on buying a separate GPS unit since they do not know what causes this problem.
Do you have the software download from Naviextras.com? Did you have a backup of your sd card?

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #3

I do not have a backup. I did try to download the free update from the website but it did not solve the problem.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:03 AM   #4

Quote:
I do not have a backup. I did try to download the free update from the website but it did not solve the problem.
The steps I took to correct the my similar issue was this:

Per Naviextras Support, I did the following;

There is a small lock slider on the side of the SD card, or, in the case of a microSD, on the card adapter itself.

If it is not locked, it is highly possible that the SD card/flash memory of your device is damaged.

Insert SC card into PC ( I had to buy an adapter for this - be careful the SD card is small and easy to lose)

Troubleshoot the SD card by clicking:

Start - My Computer - Right click on the SD card/device flash memory - Properties - Tools - Check Now - check ‘Automatically fix file system errors’ – Start

(I did not find any errors.)

Once you have done this, please find and delete the ‘Save’ folder off your SD card/device. Please note that any saved routes or favourites will be lost, so I recommend you save a manual copy of this folder on your PC before deleting it.

Then, I did the following:

Download the software Naviextras Toolbox from Naviextras.com and installed on my PC.

Start up the Toolbox program, read the files on the SD card.

Backup the SD card

Installed the latest map update (which was a one-time "guaranteed free update" for me).

That was it, after that everything worked fine. My feeling is that deleting the save folder and the above last step is what solved my issue.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #5

Magnadyne...

I've had my rig for two years, and I'm on my 4th Magnadyne head unit. They keep quitting on me, but luckily, they've been warranted for replacement.

If this one fails, I'm going to look at replacing it with a Pioneer, or higher-quality head unit.

Even when the GPS works, I don't care for using the in-dash guidance. When I use turn signals, the headunit displays the turn signal camera on the screen for several seconds after the maneuver is complete. In a city interchange, I find it too slow to maneuver. I was missing turns because I couldn't see the nav screen.

I use a Good Sam GPS on the dashboard, and just use the Magnadyne for audio and camera displays.

Carl
2015 Charleston 430BH
ckabrahamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:11 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments. This forum is great for finding answers. I will try scanning my disk (I have no free updates) and if it doesnt work, go buy another GPS. It is a shame that FR does not force them to back their product or put in a better unit. I really like my class C 2500 TSC other than that..
Old 07-27-2016, 04:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. This forum is great for finding answers. I will try scanning my disk (I have no free updates) and if it doesnt work, go buy another GPS. It is a shame that FR does not force them to back their product or put in a better unit. I really like my class C 2500 TSC other than that..
That's always going to be the unusual thing about RV ownership, especially with motorhomes where the chassis is covered by one manufacturer, the coach the other and even some individual parts involve finger-pointing each way. In this case I'm sure FR has no contractual relationship with Magnadyne, or in my case Jensen. FR buys a component just like you or I would and installs it, then passes on the warranty rights to us. Would be great if FR was able to force them to correct issues though!

Old 07-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #8

I have been looking @ maybe trying to up date the GPS software on our 2013 Sunseeker,,, the software that is in there is dated 2011 ??? On our last trip thru IN down 31 to 25 SW,,, the GPS did not know where we were most of the way !!! I got so sick of it trying to recalculate & telling me to exit the HWY,,, I shut the damm thing off !!! @ this point I don't think I have a good enough understand of how to update it,,, and am afraid to buy something I may not be able it install ???
Has any other old person tried to do this update ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote